Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner to remain in HRC testing role MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner to remain in HRC testing role

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner to remain in HRC testing role

Honda will continue to call on the blistering speed and technical feedback of double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner for development of its factory RC213V in 2014. The Australian retired at the end of 2012 but he made numerous testing appearances in the latter stages of this year’s campaign at the Twin Ring Motegi track in Japan. Stoner, who won titles for...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 278 days ago (16 December 2013 10:40)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HCi4gUX4oJo

Far better to listen to when consuming  flyogaric

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

I'd sell mi soul first

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kFyEjUXGE2I

I'll leave the girl school version to you Ben

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

So

HRC thought Pedrosa was better than Dovi as well as preferring Stoner to him.

I am descended from real Celts of the Irish and Scottish variety btw. I believe the Irish even have their own independent Celtic nation.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Good form tonight Benny - stay cool - this ones for no other reason than I like it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-vSZFEWHlo

Sorry to bring it up DF but your ancestors arrived in Oz in shackles and chains - lol.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

The guitar's made out of two old hub-caps and the handle off a garden hoe.  Now that's what I call improvisation.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

none of my ancestors were convicts saturn

as it happens, they came rather later (most of them because the English were inclined to leave them to starve during the potato famine), although it is somewhat a point of pride for those who had such ancestors.

Btw Benny, whatever the shortcomings of Australian breeding, it does seem to result in Rugby teams which are good at beating the Welsh, with the recent win making it 9 of the last 10.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

No doubt about it, a good fast test rider........as long as he is not there to develop the bike!!!!!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

To be fair..

I don't think there is a 'real' bike race fan alive, who would NOT like to see Stoner back on a bike.

Having stated he wants to have a proper year off, without competing at all, this allows Casey and Honda to keep their options open in what could be a particularly interesting round of musical chairs for 2015.

It strikes me though, that given the Australian's form at his home circuit and Nakamoto's claim he lapped just 0.3s slower than the full blown RCV on the production RCVR - even closer with soft tyres - that the Bridgestone test is the perfect place to underline the bikes potential.

There again, after being the best part of 2 seconds away at Valencia with the fibs and sales talk having already suckered teams into dropping Aprilia..maybe the reality is there is nothing to be gained and Casey isn't as dumb as most of his soppy fans look. 

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

SAME SAME ...

Some things never, ever change: MCN mentions Casey Stoner and all the self-styled  "expert armchair naysayers" fall out of the woodwork. I see we have Dovi to thank for Stoner's 2011 & 2nd Moto GP World Title now - and with Stoner riding on a different marque to the first one. Who can we all thank over there @ Bologna, we wonder? Paul Smart or Mike The Bike? This multi-make thing is a very rare (almost unique) achievement - but the usual mob of reality-deniers, deep-thinkers & cabbage-heads simply come out with more outrageous nonsense. Sad as ...

Want to know WHY Stoner isn't or won't be travelling to Japan for more HRC testing for at least a few more months? Here's your answer:

http://www.australianoffroad.com.au/announcements/casey-stoner-picks-up-his-brand-new-quantum

Can I reiterate (again) for the dumb-arses & jingoists & onanists - never met the guy, I am not an Australian (obvious from my avatar - any rational & passingly intelligent person would have thought) and only post on rare occasions to correct sheer wankery & moronism.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

it depends

whether he wants to do it all again Wosi. I am sure he is smart enough not to do it without full commitment, there is no beating either MM or Jorge with less than that, and maybe even with it. I am also fairly sure Mr Nakamoto still loves him madly though. 

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices