Skip to content

HONDA Which Fireblade is your favourite? CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

You are in... Forums > HONDA > CBR1000RR FIREBLADE > Which Fireblade is your favourite?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Which Fireblade is your favourite?

This week sees the launch of the 2014 Honda Fireblade SP edition (launch report in today's paper), but which Fireblade is your favourite?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 287 days ago (18 December 2013 15:00)

Post a message in CBR1000RR FIREBLADE

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

CBR 954rr or 1000cc rr4

Ive pretty much owned them all from 2003 onwards. The rr4/5 is a better bike than the rr6/rr7.The ones afterward are great but never bought one. Had them on "loan". Aint rode latest version. But for me the its the 954rr - 2003. Switched to a Ducati's now but will go back to a 'blade at some stage.:sunglasses:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Cadwell75

Jul 10

Cadwell75 says:

Tough question

Thats like asking "which is your favourite child?"

They are all brilliant!

Reply to this Topic
occytherp

Jul 05

occytherp says:

954 please

No Fireblade could be described as shabby, they all have individual features as well as common traits of the blade genre and deserve the plaudits they receive. My choice would be the 964 in white or yellow, these bikes never stay on sale for long and are known to be Mr T's swansong. I have only ever ridden my mates blade which is on a 2010 plate,  it looks great in yellow and black.

Goes like **** off a shovel and handles like the wild mouse ride at Blackpool, I would love to spank it on a track day, but even my mates generosity does not stretch that far.  

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

Fave?

My Blade, '03 954 thank you. Rapidly rising to the top of the best bike ever owned list. Faultless.

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

more important is

not witch blade is the favorite. but why didn't honda gave the blade more power and electronics. because after the 200 hp race, honda said: its easy for us to give the blade 200 hp. what honda also could do is gave it some great electronics. neigther of those we find on the current blade. not a powerfull engine.....hell its the weakest engine. its raw to it doesn't sound as smooth as the kwak or bmw. its not competative in wsbk its old and it cost way to much. dont forget its still a 2008 bike. sure the new blade will be good but its not on par with other superbikes. and if totally new isn't better then honda should try to race the 800cc again in MotoGP. i had realy hoped for a all killing superbike but again after 7 years we get a updated 2008 bike.  wrong soooooooo wrong

Reply to this Topic
megadooomer

Jan 11

megadooomer says:

nothing wrong with a blade.

Ive got a 916, (98 plate)  fantastic bike, but would consider going to 05/07 blades when it comes to changing.

Reply to this Topic
mikmac

Jan 06

mikmac says:

96 'blade

My '96  RRS Blade has just rolled over 100,000 miles  - so that would have to be my favourite!!

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

I like my 08 and as it's pretty much still the same bike now.  So I've got no reason to trade up to a newer one.

Some people are probably happy to offset the tiny margin of additional performance you would get from the S1000RR or ZX10R for the sake of Honda reliability. It could also be the reason Honda haven’t made a 200bhp engine, as the reliability might suffer.

Reply to this Topic
Homer40

Nov 10

Homer40 says:

07 Blade.....

.....is the one i own, I have had it for the last 4 years, great bike, fast, Handles and good for touring (Spain, France) but to mention a few places. Big enough to get some luggage on and the riding position is good and i'm 5'10''.

The main problem with the 08 and onwards version is that there has not been much change, the bike is smaller, revs harder and is lighter but and it's a big but, the 08 version is not any faster nor does touring on it lend itself to some sort of comfort being smaller and with a very small rear end.

The bike has not changed much since 08, the 2012 blade is exactly the same bike as the 08 less a few very small (insignificant) changes. The SP Blade i cannot comment on as i have not ridden one but i am pleased to see that they have some upgrades on the suspension and brakes.

Question is for some of us: Do we really want all the electronic gizmos that are present on the BMW HP4 or the Ducati 1199 Panigale, for me, it's a big no, just more tech to go wrong and more expense.

Hope to try the SP Blade next year, but if it's on the small side i will stick to what i have.

Last Question, A few years back MCN reported that all new bikes would have to be fitted with electronics that could be used to record your riding style and speed and location, has this happened to the new bikes?

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

what about 98/99

I have a 98 RRW-X last of the carb models, better suspension, brakes and a uprated engine over 97. With a bit of attention to set-up a great everyday tool, now 85K miles, and really can live with almost anything on track days (pro's on slicks yeah OK and why are you at a track day anyway?) Simple low cost service and bomb proof engineering for under 3000 squid!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices