Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke back in administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke back in administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Hein Gericke back in administration

UPDATE 19/12/13, 09:43am MCN understands three Hein Gericke shops are still open for business following a call this morning. Those shops are Glasgow, Stockwell and Farnborough. It still seems that vouchers are not going to be honoured even in stores that are open for business. Anyone who bought vouchers on a credit card is advised to contact their credit card company as a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 279 days ago (18 December 2013 15:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

The voucher scam - sorry, scheme - was very sharp practice

If they haven't been paying the staff then they knew fine well they were titsup, and it was just a shoddy way of getting money in the door while keeping stock back for what looks like it might be a receivership and liquidation rather than "administration".  Poor bloody show.

It turns out that it's not HG UK that's in trouble, or even HG Germany, it's the parent holding company in the USA that's $400 million in the red.  I can't see them "restructuring" their way out of that.  They didn't seem to change anything in the UK after the last adminstration, for one thing, unless you count shutting branches, not holding stock, and ramping the eternal "sale! sale! sale!" marketing up to fever pitch.

The Glasgow branch was pretty decent, I have to say, it's a shame for their staff.  Although I was never tempted to buy any of their own brand big ticket items because as has been pointed out, a Goretex guarantee is a Goretex guarantee, it doesn't matter if there's an "HG" on there as well or instead, shoving up the price.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

REPLY:FECKIT

I can see where you're comig from FECKIT but the staff laid off just before x-mas, i think need ready cash, not a house full of motorcycle gear to sell, unless of course they can sell it NOW.

As i stated, there is NO legislation, no law to PROTECT either the workers or consumers...And why is that?

Because WE the population sit back, content and oblivious, allowing those high up to run things their way and wen things go **** up, we suddenly don't know where to turn while THEY **** off into the sunset to start again.

Time we all started to learn how to run things our way and fast because time's running out.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Jesus Christ... is there anyone left.

Reply to this Topic
LaughingGas

Oct 08

LaughingGas says:

Read this

The law
http://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights/problem/can-i-use-my-vouchers-if-a-company-goes-into-administration-

Reply to this Topic
pebble35

Aug 03

pebble35 says:

Thoughts go out to the staff - crap news this close to Christmas.  

Those working 'on the shop floor' may have had an idea there were problems but could do little about it.  

Best wishes to all staff and good luck with finding new jobs

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Reply: LaughingGas

In reply to LaughinGas, yes, i'm well aware of the law of consumer act and if you read the small print,

because a consumer is uninsured, thy can but put in a claim to the liquidators for refund of total or a small part( which, if oneis lucky that is what one will receive) of voucher value.

As i say, it's down to the administrator's to honour the voucher, but 99/100 they never do because the cost would be detrimental to getting the ailing company back into some semblance of liquidity.

Again, as i suggested earlier it shouold be put into law that any company no matter how small, if running voucher or savings schemes have to have a trust fund put asisde whih cannot be used for anything other than if the company goes under whereby the consumer can be refunded totally thereby they are protected.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Very sad.

I searched for a pair of textile trousers to go with my jacket a few months ago and having had no luck in the dealers, went to my local HG in Preston who were very helpful. I have short legs so finding the right trousers is crucial. No-one else could help but HG had 2 different pairs to choose from so got my business. It'll be a sad day for me if they go under because they have always given excellent service.

Reply to this Topic
bird1050

Nov 07

bird1050 says:

SAD TIME

Its a sad  time.

Especially  for all there employees at this time of year. Hope it all works out for them.

I have been buying my kit from the Manchester store for years with great service and top kit..

I was hoping to buy some new gortex gloves this chrimbo  and other bits.

Reply to this Topic
plazydays1

Dec 13

plazydays1 says:

Great, I have been chasing for two months now after a flip up helmet i brought went seriously wrong. They have flobbed me off and now I have no chance of gettng anything sorted.

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

MCN - Feckin Spammers

I'm just putting this here to dump the spammers off the top line. Feck  off you barstards

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices