Skip to content

Discuss This Hein Gericke back in administration General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Hein Gericke back in administration

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Hein Gericke back in administration

UPDATE 19/12/13, 09:43am MCN understands three Hein Gericke shops are still open for business following a call this morning. Those shops are Glasgow, Stockwell and Farnborough. It still seems that vouchers are not going to be honoured even in stores that are open for business. Anyone who bought vouchers on a credit card is advised to contact their credit card company as a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 245 days ago (18 December 2013 15:45)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Qball777770

Dec 13

Qball777770 says:

hg staff

i dont feel sorry for the staff at all they been selling vouchers to the public for the last few months knowing they havnt been payed so the nu something was wrong yet still carried on taking the publics money in my eyes that theft

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Tough one, that

They'll doubtless have been lied to though, told that everything will be fine, it's just a temporary cash flow problem, it'll all be resolved by Christmas. :(

Glasgow is still open, that's good, they're decent chaps.  I might pop in tomorrow with a handful of cash and see how much gear they'll be willing to let me walk out with.  I don't give a stuff if it goes in the till or their pockets - I'd actually prefer the latter.

Reply to this Topic
easytargets

Jul 09

easytargets says:

balanced sales

I used to work in the business and the big warehouse clothing only sellers are a scourge. A local bike shop needs a balance between machine sales service and clothing and accessory sales to make a good business work and benefit all local riders. By taking the clothing only which can be viewed as sthe cherry on the cake away these people and those like them put local bike shops out of business. Sorry for the workers off course but not sad to see a parasite cut down.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Fair point, that

Hein Gericke apparently destroyed plenty of local bike shops when they moved into the UK high streets and savagely undercut them with Deutschmark-funded super-deals.

Now HG have in turn been swallowed up by internet drop sellers and bricks-but-mostly-clicks merchants.

Sad to see HG go, but I have a J&S warehouse even closer to me who carry much more stock, at internets prices.  Life goes on.

Reply to this Topic
ian0711

Sep 02

ian0711 says:

Hein Gericke Gift Cards

If like me you got HG gift cards for Christmas then, having spoke to the Administrators, it looks like we've lost our money.  There are a large number of creditors who are owed huge amounts of money and gift cards holders are bottom of the list for refunds apparently. 

I contacted my bank and filed a dispute with HG in the slim hope they can do something about it.  I also contacted the Administrator who emailed me a claim form, contact; Nathalie.Strauss@DuffandPhelps.com

Reply to this Topic
busterrabbit

Sep 12

busterrabbit says:

My local HG (Oxford) has looked like a cold war period Russian supermarket for the past year, lots of empty racks and shelf space (and that wa probably all the stock they held).  It was quite clear that something wasn't right. Not having visor cleaner in early December was the final sign that the end was coming.

Having myself been in similar situations before I can empathise with the staff but there is still overcapacity in the UK market.  I'd personally not buy something as important as a helmet or protective clothing via the internet, but many do.  It's this "save a quid" at all costs that is ruining all high street businesses.  Would you buy a new car or bike without a demo?  probably not, but mercinary b*stards still try bikes and clothing at a "real" dealer (a service which costs money!) and then buy cheaper elsewhere from some operation with "lower overheads" i.e. people who are not interested in providing any service, just taking your money.

Reply to this Topic
dv12

Jun 14

dv12 says:

Hein Gericke Belfast re-open

The Belfast Hein Gericke branch is re-open. All the shelves are fully stocked and they look to be back in business. 

Called in on Saturday (31/5/14) for a wander around. 
I wonder is this happening anywhere else in the country? Nothing about HG return in any biker news. 

Also. 20% off everything if you spend >£200, or 10% for over £100. 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices