Skip to content

Discuss This Milwaukee set to withdraw support for SMR Yamaha for TT TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Milwaukee set to withdraw support for SMR Yamaha for TT

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Sports Desk  says:

Milwaukee set to withdraw support for SMR Yamaha for TT

Ian Hutchinson and Josh Brookes chances of racing at this years TT appear to be becoming even slimmer as the Yamaha squad's title sponsor Milwaukee Power Tools are rumoured to be about to withdraw their support for the Isle of Man event. MCN sources say a statement is expected today announcing the decision in the latest twist in the deepening row...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 258 days ago (04 January 2014 11:54)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Gra46

Mar 10

Gra46 says:

Milwaukee/Hutchy.

After everything Hutchy has been through this seems petty by Milwaukee and the TT rule makers. We need riders like Hutchy at the TT, they should be doing everything that they can to ensure he rides. I know he can not be treat any different to the other riders and teams, but I can not believe that there is not a solution to this. Sounds like it is some jobsworth justifying their job.

Reply to this Topic
northernbloke

Nov 11

SMR and the TT

The TT organisers are a law unto themselves and are only a self serving bunch of idiots, the facination with money making is all that counts and if banning the electronics means the top teams and riders are missing, so what, many smaller (sorry) teams with little or no experience will fill the void, but if the accident rates go up who's to blame.. Why don't they go the whole way and ban the superbike class and just have road bikes with no modifications at all, yes I know thats the superstock but even they have some modifications. Going back in history manufacturers have always pushed technology as far as they could, think of the manx norton, built just to race the TT. I pay good money (and it keeps going up) to watch the best riders and bikes tackle this course but the organisation and meddling are making me think twice about going again.

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

more to this???

There may well be more to this than meets the eye, read this

http://www.bikesportnews.com/news-detail.cfm?newstitle=TT-bosses-deny-Honda-involvement-in-2014-rule-changes&newsid=11081

Maybe the big H is playing at messing up their competion for the TT again. 

Reply to this Topic
northernbloke

Nov 11

Yamaha at the TT

Read the article suggested below, but how many times have you heard the same story about big H in WSB, GP etc. when the competition catches up?  But what I really found ironic was the organisers statement about changing the rules to make it cheaper for teams to come, when all the time the rip off continues as far as the fans go. Increasing prices puts a lot of people off attending (I know, the hotel I stopped at last year increased costs by nearly 150%), use your influence to reduce costs to the fans and you will increase revenue by more people attending, paying more into the islands economy, then you can support more teams by reducung their costs.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices