Skip to content

Discuss This Schwantz backs Lorenzo to bounce back in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Schwantz backs Lorenzo to bounce back in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Schwantz backs Lorenzo to bounce back in 2014

Kevin Schwantz believes dethroned MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo will bounce back from defeat to rookie Marc Marquez in 2014. Lorenzo surrendered the premier class crown by just four-points to Spanish rival Marquez, who broke records galore on his way to a historic success in a tremendous rookie campaign. Lorenzo won more races and led more laps than any other rider in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 226 days ago (06 January 2014 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I agree Saturn

Rossi has always been larger than life, and his achivements cannot be denied (although some would try). I'm not sure that i would agree with you that Lorenzo won't be remembered, I still remember a lot of the older riders, although maybe that is just me haha! I also understand he has brought a lot of people to the sport, the only thing that gets me is the need to talk about him on every thread! I know it is bound to happen as he has done a lot for the sport and has a lot of data to talk about. I just wish the same argument wouldn't happen on every single thread, every post now ends in an argument on Rossi. There isn't even any new arguments about him now, everything is just the same points over and over again.

Reply to this Topic
tris123

Feb 09

tris123 says:

LOL “Nr.46 is every bit as fast as he used to be”

Yeah cause our reflexes don’t deteriorate with age do they Dr Nostro.

HA HA HA, I needed a laugh.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Hey Rainey

Who's Stoner ?

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Err..

..I've forgotten.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I've not, i got his book for Christmas. A good read so far, but then i would say that wouldn't i.

It's always interesting to have an insight into what makes top sportsmen tick and how they got to where they are. For the record, Paul McGraths autobiography is the best i've read. Boy did that man go through the mill!!!!! 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Casey's Book

I bought the book as well Pacey, I was interested to read his thoughts on events during his career and learn what made him tick. However, i was a bit dissapointed, don't you think he barely seems to talk about anything? He talks about an entire season in 2-3 paragraphs and i am still left wondering what his actual opinion on things are. I expected more especially as on the front cover it claims it is the "controversal" autobiography!

Having said that i did like the first part of the book, he seemed to go into far more detail about his childhood, and just seemed to skim over his MotoGP career.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

I'm still at his early motocross years in Oz bud, and yeah, lot's of attention to detail and insight. His sister too seem's a determined lady and fairplay to her.

As for the rest of the book, I may as well stop reading now from what you've said ;)

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Kevin say's

Lets state the obvious ,back ? where has Jorge been?, Kevin ,get a job mate or concentrate on your court case ,Jorge at this moment in time is the best all round moto gp rider out there ,as for the "debate" and I use the term loosly, as to whether the Yamaha or the or the Honda were equal last year well ask yourselves this question if Jorge and Marc were on each others machine last year would Marc still of been world champion ?,I think not and thats taking nothing away from Marquez his achievement is fantastic and the man will most likely become a legend,The Honda is a weapon right now and these two are the pinnacle of the moment but Jorge is a polished act and still youthfull enough to have many battles with Marquez ,personally I hope when contract time comes up Honda scoop up the dream team and we see them both hammer it out in HRC colours Yamaha deserve a knock back in my opinion,As for the Dovi being a benchmark debate ,are you having a laugh?,He couldn't develop a cold ,one thing that is a fact is that Yamaha and Honda have both flipped him and have missed him not,oh and the only thing that could be better than Marquez and Lorenzo on Honda's is Marquez,Lorenzo and Stoner on a Honda forget for one moment favourites and personalities think about the spectacle 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

To clarify a point Stig

My original statement about Dovi was only to point out that as the only rider to have ridden both the Repsol and the M1 he was the only one able to make any sort of comparison. It was Nostro who called him a benchmark.

Like I said the points tally quoted by said soothsayer proved nothing but the fact he rode both bikes pretty much equally within the limits of his ability.

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

check out motomaters

ducati might be up to something!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle