Skip to content

Discuss This Schwantz backs Lorenzo to bounce back in 2014 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Schwantz backs Lorenzo to bounce back in 2014

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Schwantz backs Lorenzo to bounce back in 2014

Kevin Schwantz believes dethroned MotoGP world champion Jorge Lorenzo will bounce back from defeat to rookie Marc Marquez in 2014. Lorenzo surrendered the premier class crown by just four-points to Spanish rival Marquez, who broke records galore on his way to a historic success in a tremendous rookie campaign. Lorenzo won more races and led more laps than any other rider in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 234 days ago (06 January 2014 10:53)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

Yeh, just seen that Ducati are thinking about going into the 'Open class'.  Now that could upset the apple cart.     They would have the power, the softer tyres might sort their 'handling' problems and they can develop as they go.  Interesting stuff.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Good plan

Just read the article and i have to say, it does make a lot of sense! They would have one less thing to worry about developing and could really benefit from everything else. To me it seems like a no-brainer! Once one factory goes as well what is the betting that others will follow suit? Suzuki could do the same i reckon, and if Ducati start winning some Yamaha might follow as well, leaving Honda to make a big song and dance about how it isn't what they want to compete in anymore, before inevitabley joining the others.

And Pacey, yeah the book gets worse and worse from that point IMO anyway. Hopefully you will enjoy it more than i did haha!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ducati

It's a radical plan - but is it true, will it work  and will it get them any closer to the 'dynamic duo' of HRC and Yamaha ?

Lots of unknowns as far as the future  is concerned - one thing is clear tho' radical change is needed if the monotonous predictability of MotoGp is to be challenged.

Hey MCN you should be on to this story !

Reply to this Topic
ambushed61

Nov 10

ambushed61 says:

He never bounced away !!

Just waiting to see how many times he shoves MM off the track this time !!!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Ducati

Its a pity we have to endure another season of HRC vs Yamaha to find out. George vs Marc and Dani yet again. Lorenzo is certainly a huge boot in the door for the title this year as he has been every year since 2009. Schwantz' take is a correct one though. For Ducati's sake I hope the soft Bridgestone works on the 'open' class bike from the get go at Sepang 1 over race distance. Thats the key to a potential 2015 front running comeback. As for engine layout,that won't change for one good reason. HRC also employ an L-4 16 and neither Ducati nor Honda use valve springs. Predictions ? Only a fool and his dog will bet on this season. Predictions will inevitably become easier as the test results and race results gather momentum.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

saturn

I take your point but as you say ,within the limits of his ability ,not having a go at you btw,its refreshing that discussion and debate can now take place again,but Jorge and Marquez are in a different world to Dovi right now the only person capable of being in the same street and love him or loathe him is Stoner ,and to see a grid with them on and even Rossi would be a gem ,the last four world champions all on gfactory kit ,well when did that last happen and who wouldn't want to see it ? ,roll on even the start of wsbk ,I'm suffering from SAD and Christmas and new Year overkill and cannot wait for a new season to argue over ,in a nice way i hope !

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

No problem Stig

I'm very nice - ask Nostro.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle