Skip to content

Discuss This 60mph M1 limit proposed General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > 60mph M1 limit proposed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

60mph M1 limit proposed

A proposed 60mph limit over 32-miles of the M1 motorway to cut air pollution could see the lower limit enforced for ‘several years’ if enacted. The Highways Agency has just launched a new consultation which would see a 60mph limit imposed from 7am to 7pm over 32-miles stretching from junction 28 near Matlock in Derbyshire to 35a at Rotherham in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 254 days ago (06 January 2014 13:21)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

I`m voting UKIP,BNP,EDL,WDL

Any of them because I`ve had enough .My life is getting harder n harder and I really dont fancy dieing quite yet ! My life is over run by unfair rules people who hav`nt paid a penny into this country getting lots of my tax contibutions to support their life styles of many kids .The far east , India ,eastern europe and Brazil are up and coming theres no rules slowing their progress down if theres weak and frail in their countries good ole Great Britain will send aid to look after them ( and their space adventures ) Enough !

Reply to this Topic
superbol

Aug 02

superbol says:

Oh n WDL

Not them because they`re hell bent on forcing our dead language on everybody ( its only good for civil service jobs in Wales)

Reply to this Topic
preunit

Dec 10

preunit says:

Prolly

to off set the increased emissions from vehicals slowing and acclerating away from unnecssary speed bumps and other assorted traffic calming measures.....Fcuktards :wacko:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Vortex1952

Mar 11

Vortex1952 says:

It is a joke!

It always pusels me the British ability to go backwards!

Reply to this Topic
dartmaster85

Jun 09

dartmaster85 says:

stupidity

come ride here in the netherlands and you know how it feels all these speedlimits for no other reason as air polution!

you can have 3 different speed limits near a big city in 5 miles!

130 kph when coming close,100 kph when you are 1mile away and then 80 kph in the speedzone itself,there are so much speedlimits and signs you dont have the time to watch whats on the road ahead off you!

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

@vortex

It puzzels us too....

Reply to this Topic
Boult

Mar 07

Boult says:

Red Herring

I reckon this is more to do with introducing an artificially low speed limit which in turn makes it more likely / easier for the authorities to raise money for government by way of 'speeding' fines  -  pretty much like they did on minor roads over the last 10 - 15 years (how many 40 / 50mph zones have now been reduced to 30mph?) 

Reply to this Topic
Banzai600

Feb 06

Banzai600 says:

Screw the EU ! literally !

Dont get taken over a barrel the way we do here in Ireland.

All this back door EU crap is bringing us closer to a nanny state.

Reply to this Topic
grahamtpage

Aug 05

grahamtpage says:

W.T.F

Why do they keep bloody lowering speed limits !  Just another pathetic excuse to appease tree huggers.  I know this is only planned for the M1 at the moment, but a drop from 70mph to 60mph is a drop of 14.28%.  If they choose to widen the scope of this to the whole of the UK in years to come, then this could have a serious impact (perhaps not the full 14% impact) to the ecomony when the ecomony is so dependant on timely movement of people and goods by road.

Reply to this Topic
grahamtpage

Aug 05

grahamtpage says:

Lets increase to 80mph instead ...

Conversely ...

http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/cars/article-2041304/Motorway-speed-limit-rise-80mph-bid-boost-economy.html

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices