You are in... Forums > General > Pub Talk - over 18s only > cyclists

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

cyclists

coming back from the school run today, i witnessed 4 cyclists all run into each other coming from differant directions.

they then amusingly all start having a go at each other about who had the right of way.

which was an easy answer , none of you, you fucking idiots as you were all on the pavement!

the best of it was they were all on the pavement as they were running the traffic lights that are there especially to avoid such accidents happening.

Cyclists .... fucking muppets!

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 256 days ago (07 January 2014 18:45)

Post a message in Pub Talk - over 18s only

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

I had

a cyclist try to undertake me whilst I was indicating to turn left. I don't filter past a car indicating to turn right so why does that idiot think it's safe to do the inverse?

I couldn't stop as there was a car right up my jacksie so I had to open the taps and take a 90 degree turn at about 25 mph in the wet with cars on the other side so I could run wide which was fucking stupid and all thanks to some inconsiderate fuckbend who seemed to be intent on causing an accident and a moron behind who didn't get that someone indicating to turn off with a cyclist sat in his blind spot is likely to want to slow down.

I normally take that corner in the dry at about 15mph which is quite exciting enough given the kind of bend it is and the angle of the road surface.

This is why that bunch of cyclists died in a few days on London's roads. NOT because of HGVs, but because cyclists don't seem to get that if it's indicating left you DO NOT have right of way when overtaking on the left!

Reply to this Topic
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

cyclists

If they ride on the pavements that will suit me but if I/you/we have an accident with one on the road there`s only one person who has insurance cover to claim from, yes that`s I/you/we. In other words keep well away from CYCLISTS.

Reply to this Topic
Diablere

Dec 12

Diablere says:

Jaffa

as a road user i don't have an issue! i accept they are vunerable and like motorcycles i watch for and give them room.

Cycling on the road is dangerous i accept this, but that isn't then carte blanche for Cyclists to transfer that danger to pedestrains by them riding on the pavement!

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Riding on the pavement

is more dangerous than riding on the street, since it puts you in a position where the cagers are not looking.

Reply to this Topic
mjf65

Feb 03

mjf65 says:

Cyclists, I am one to

The problem with cyclists is most of them are coming to cycling straight from car driving and they haven't got a scooby do about road craft, just watch them turning right.... scary.

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

Cant abide them. Sorry.  Quite happily see them banned from the roads until they start paying road tax as well.

As for the ones who ride 3 abreast on a Sunday morning like they Bradley fucking Wiggins and his crew, I hope they get knocked off by a tractor, then run over by a combine harvester.

Absolute pests who contribute nothing yet hinder so many.

Reply to this Topic
fogie

Jan 04

fogie says:

come on now, Si,

don't sit on the fence, say what you mean   :lol:  :lol:

totally agree.    :biggrin:

Reply to this Topic
Si749

Oct 03

Si749 says:

To be honest mate, I held back a bit there.

There’s a fella at my work who epitomises everything I hate about cyclists.  7 stone wet through, complete social outcast, rude, self-entitled and just a general all round prick.

I ride past him on the way in most mornings and the urge to welly a size 9 Dainese boot up his arse almost overwhelms me sometimes.

His girly bike almost cost the same as my tona an all.

Like WTF?  Moron.

Reply to this Topic
mjf65

Feb 03

mjf65 says:

Cyclists

Was your previous job operating a gas chamber? Never mind cyclists not paying road tax what about those zero tax cars that clog the bloody roads up

Reply to this Topic
Meaty79

Nov 09

Meaty79 says:

If they stuck

to the highway code and rode as if they were vulnerable then they might be ok but in my town they ride like they are indestructible and they have right of way everywhere even if they are on the wrong side of the road or going through a red light. Nearly got knocked over by a cyclist on a crossing once when the green man was lit, he went straight through a red light and to top it off he was a postie 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices