Skip to content

Discuss This Kawasaki superbike truck driver sentenced to 18 years for drug offences General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Kawasaki superbike truck driver sentenced to 18 years for drug offences

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Kawasaki superbike truck driver sentenced to 18 years for drug offences

Philip Roe, the Leicestershire truck driver at the centre of a drug smuggling case involving the Kasawaki World Superbike team has been sentenced to 18 years in jail. The case came to a head when the team's truck was found to contain drugs, a gun and ammunition while returning to the UK from the Assen round in 2011. The lorry was searched...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 257 days ago (10 January 2014 16:14)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Oh....

And here's me thinking the only drug you could expect to find at a racetrack was speed...... hahahahah

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

He certainly deserved to go to jail for a long time, but 18 years is more than multiple killers get.

Reply to this Topic
blue200tdi

Dec 10

blue200tdi says:

What a .... ....!

In all honesty boybilly1967, that amount of drugs and the gun COULD have lead to multiple deaths, so in essence I think he did get what he deserves. He also blamed his work mates too which is despicabe.

He took the chance, he got caught, he should have been a man and took it on the chin rather than blaming others who had no knowledge of what was in that truck. I regularly travel across the channel in my job driving a coach and to be blamed for something like that is horrifying. I know what his work mates must have gone through when the drugs were discovered, so I have no sympathy for him in any way.

Reply to this Topic
timowers

Jan 10

timowers says:

18 years?

An 18 year sentence means he'll only be inside for 9 years max. Too bad.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

blamed his workmates?

Seems clear to me who's taking the blame in this one.  4 people arrested and 3 of them walk?  And this guy wasn't even in the truck with the stuff?  Maybe that weak-ass Walther .22 was his, but do you really think he was the only one in on buying all that dope?  If so, SBK truck driver salaries must be thru the roof!

18 years??  That's just retarded.  And I thought the US prison system was crazy.  Next time, dude should just back over someone and kill them, he wouldn't miss a race.

Reply to this Topic
jonnyscore1

May 10

jonnyscore1 says:

its about time some decent sentences were handed out. great result

Reply to this Topic
boybilly1967

Dec 08

boybilly1967 says:

willc955

Exactly, and what happened to Guy Coulon becuase I never heard.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

Roe should have

been earning $73/hour using his laptop instead.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Not sure...

...exactly what Coulon's sentence was, but it definitely wasn't a decade in prison.  And I'm not trying to throw him under the bus (sorry, couldn't resist that one), but it does seem like quite a disparity in sentencing between the 2 cases.  But what do I know?  I am no student of the law; I prefer common sense.  However, I do know the article has its facts wrong...I've just noticed the picture of the handgun, and it's clearly not a 22.

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

“Drug trafficking is a serious offence and those convicted face long prison sentences."

Exactly.  Well, unless you happen to be moving several tons of heroin out of Afghanistan in the pay of certain unnamed Western intelligence agencies.  Then you have nothing to worry about.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices