Skip to content

Discuss This Leon Camier added to MotoGP entry list MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Leon Camier added to MotoGP entry list

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Leon Camier added to MotoGP entry list

British rider Leon Camier has been added to the 2014 provisional MotoGP entry list. The 27-year-old is down to ride an Aprilia ART 1000cc machine for the Italian-based Ioda Racing squad on an updated entry list unveiled today. Camier was left without a ride for 2014 after being dropped at the last minute by the British-based Crescent Suzuki World Superbike squad. But...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 191 days ago (14 January 2014 16:12)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Knickers sitting quite comfortably thanks CHR

Your view is somewhat idealistic though really isn't it? Those that have won at world level like that winning taste. Most won't make the move to MotoGP unless they're assured of at least half decent machinery, and/or the chance to progress. So this is the cream of Moto2 2013 like Scott and Pol. or Marquez and Crazy Joe the year before (still unsure how Smith managed it).

Who else you going to take? WSBK winners won't go unless they're on factory machines. WSS? Superglue's already failed in Moto2, and Lowes is taking the progressional route via WSBK.

Moto3 winners? Bleedin' 'eck I would've put Pol straight on a MotoGP bike back in 2012. But this simply doesn't happen does it.

World Superstock? Or how about my Kiwi winner of the Pata Junior Cup on those CB5600 things Jake Lewis - I hear he's looking for a ride. Was that world title enough for you?

I reckon there's more depth of talent on the MotoGP grid now than there's ever been in the supposed halcyon days of the 70's & 80's.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Ok - unexpected move

Brief summary - Ioda wanted a 2nd rider - limited availability due to most top riders already being contracted for 2014 - Camier available due to being dropped by Fixi Crescent Suzuki - Camier has 2 years experience with factory Aprillia as Biaggi's team mate - Camier podiumed 5 times on the Aprillia and crashed several times while on course for more podiums.

Right place right time - make the best of it my son - opportunity knocks. (In spite of that defeated look - lol.)

Reply to this Topic
IcantRIDEaBIKE

Aug 09

Speak for yourself

Luck of the Welsh

I'll be paying my £5 a month (plusnet customer) to make sure I see the Brits riding round mid pack. Unreal to think Bradders is our best hope this year unless Ducati pull something out the bag (a Honda) 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Oh, it's idealistic alright..

..and that's why there was a caveat in my post. 

Having said that, and despite his epic 2009 season, I just don't think Camier has what it takes to do well at this level. Huw got all bent out of shape because I said something similar about Laverty last year, but he hardly set the world on fire, did he?..

It's not a direct attack on Leon et al, more of an illustration as to the unfortunate state of Moto GP when it comes to the tail end of the grid..

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

I can't ride

Does plusnet offer a camera selection offer? I have the BT coverage and i plan on also getting a Motogp.com season pass so i can watch on-boards from some of the riders that don't get a lot of screen time. Hopefully it will be a good set up and i can watch the tv coverage and have my laptop on with on-boards and the live timing sheets up.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

CHR you're at it again!

the unfortunate state of Moto GP when it comes to the tail end of the grid..

Unfortunate how?! I just explained to you the rather obvious fact of there being 24 world champs on the grid as an impossibility yet still you carp on about some supposed dearth of talent at the tail end of the field? Well yeah, in comparison to the three Aliens yes. Much less so to all the others perhaps. Michael Rudroff and Simon Backmarker - now there were a couple of genuine tail enders for you in the eighties.

Every one of them on that MotoGP grid this year has a pedigree of sorts making them worthy of their place.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Not MotoGP pedigree..

..I'm not disputing the fact they can all ride and ride very well, but would they get the ride in the top tier if the situation was different? No. And you bloody well know it you daft sod.

Michael Laverty, Leon Camier, Karel Abraham, Hector Barbera, Jonny Hernandez...

Is this the highest echelon of racing talent to you?...pah!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Then give me names man!

Who should be there in their place?!

And if that's all you reckon are not deserving then that would suggest a pretty deep field as a whole.

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Nostro, I recognise you're trying to illicit an argument..

..and I refuse to be drawn any further. 

You know as well as I do there would be far more deserving riders on the grid if it was purely a case of all things being equal. I could name riders I feel would be better served on those bikes, but as you mentioned earlier, it's all just wishful thinking and a pointless exercise.

I made a point regarding the nature of Moto GP as I see it - I don't expect you to agree with me, but stop being obtuse for the sake of an argument. You yourself have questioned the validity of some of the riders on the grid, so you recognise there are better, more deserving riders out there, right?..

Or do you really think, every rider lining up on that grid is the best there is and their "pedigree" is worthy?..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

What I reckon CHR

Is you can twist and turn no more. In an ideal world who else would be on the MotoGP grid. Sykes, Melandri, Guintoli, E Lav. Perhaps Luthi, Kallio, De Angelis? Most of them have been there already with varying degrees of success. A fair roll call but none of whom you'd call head and shoulders superior to those actually there.

If you wanted no one but world champs out there you'd be rolling out the eighties & nineties stars and perhaps exhuming a few graves!

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices