Skip to content

Discuss This Lotus superbike: MCN world exclusive General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Lotus superbike: MCN world exclusive

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Lotus superbike: MCN world exclusive

MCN has the world exclusive images of the new Lotus superbike in this week’s issue of the paper along with details of the project and how running prototypes are already out testing.We have exclusive high resolution images of the new Lotus C-01 superbike as well as exclusive information from those close to the project revealing more details about the 200bhp...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 313 days ago (15 January 2014 12:29)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
andyinvienna

Nov 05

andyinvienna says:

They have been watching too many Batman films, its glad to see still that some people have more money than sence, looks more like a fiction from the 1950' space film using an old Norton as a base.

Reply to this Topic
Sooperjoolz

Sep 12

Sooperjoolz says:

Dissapointed

When you lead announcements with "200BHP superbike", We the public would be forgiven for expecting a well , superbike, right? 

Please will someone tell me how this naked (diavel clone) would get homolgated for superbike racing? I think Colin Chapman would be dissapointed by this. After al,l his design ethic was all about light weight and great handling requiring less power. Thats why you never saw his race cars with big lumbering V8's.

What is the market for this bike? Jay Leno and a few other uber rich bike enthusiasts who'll only ever ride upright in a straight line? Probably. I find it hard to accept that this motorcycle sports a brand name so synonymous with sporting performance and racing excellence, when its clearly a cynical excercise in Style over content, even if it does handle and go fast, the very fact that it is styled in the way that it is sets its stall out as to what its for.

Reply to this Topic
Sooperjoolz

Sep 12

Sooperjoolz says:

.....Then again

Hopefully this is a gag so as  to cause uproar. Thus when the S1000RR, ZX10,Panigale,Fireblade,R1 beating uber weapon is released, we'll all have a laugh at how daft we were to have been taken in like that :o)

Reply to this Topic
wesley01

Feb 10

wesley01 says:

Couldnt agree more, lotus stood for enginnering brilliance back in collin chapmans day. Now its pretty much a malaysian company, I think anyone getting into amazing bike building is brilliant but why is this bike called a "superbike" it has no sporting characteristics and is a clone of a diavel in amercian form. Its like half cafe racer and half diavel. I guess its for the brad pitts, jay lenos and richard hammonds then. Not really the largest target group but then again they are probably going for a limited run, still its not a superbike.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

5.4.3.2.1. Thunderbirds are GO...

:lol::lol::lol::lol: Holy Cow.....looks like Thunderbird 2........FAB 

Attached images:

Reply to this Topic
brevav2

Feb 09

brevav2 says:

Dream on (again!)

What a monstrosity,  Yet another 'White Elephant', and doubtless with a price tag to match

Reply to this Topic
SirJambo

Jan 14

SirJambo says:

Dissapointed

I love Louts cars, the evora and exige were 2 of my favourite cars. This is really dissapointing, its not even a superbike, just an alternative to a Ducati diavel. I thought lotus were all about light weight and great handling. I was expecting a Triumph Daytona style bike from Lotus, but with a bigger engine. Its a shame, I hope that these images are not accurate as im sure most people will be dissapointed.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Suggestion

Take it to the woods. And leave it to die.

It's so wrong it makes the Elephant Man look like a male model.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Pls don't call Superbike.

By calling a bike that's basically a "custom" or "extreme cafe racer" or even a "muscle bike" a "superbike" you insult every two-wheel loving guy who reads your rag.  Just see the unanimous negative reviews so far.

That's the first thing that's very wrong with this story.  Meaning you put us on the defensive just by the title alone. 

Second, good for Lotus or any other car brand that wants to get into moto business, we aren't exactly a booming industry, so all new comers are welcome.

By the looks of it, this bike will be an exclusive, custom with a high price of entry.  Which means most of the readers of MCN couldn't afford it anyway, so let them whine.  :)

RacingShiva.com

Reply to this Topic
rgvyan

Feb 08

rgvyan says:

A great example of why car designers should stick to cars. I'm a fan of Daniel Simon but this just shows a lack of understanding of the 2 wheeled world in fundamental ways.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices