Skip to content

Discuss This The new Lotus superbike carries dramatic styling – but do you like it? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > The new Lotus superbike carries dramatic styling – but do you like it?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

The new Lotus superbike carries dramatic styling – but do you like it?

MCN has the world exclusive images of the new Lotus superbike in this week’s issue of the paper along with details of the project and how running prototypes are already out testing. MCN managed to get hold of two images from a source close to the project. That source, who didn’t want to be named, was able to hint at a...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 190 days ago (16 January 2014 11:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Kawasakifreak1

Aug 11

Audi, now Lotus, whose next ?

Another car maker trying to associate its' brand with a form of 'cool' attributed to motorcycles or something more ?    The Lotus bike's a Diaval competitor but better - we'll soon see l guess ?

Reply to this Topic
CBR11X

Sep 10

CBR11X says:

I do like how this bike looks, but it isn't a Superbike. I can't see it beating a ZX-10R around a circuit.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

TRON

spings to mind

Reply to this Topic
pete7k

May 11

pete7k says:

Colin Chapman ... oh dear.

With reference to Moke's comments,  I would guess that Colin C himself, responsible for the simplicity, minimalism and design elegance of cars like the first Elan and the Seven, would not be impressed by a machine which is so far away from his ideals.

A bit like (what would have been) Sir Williams Lyons assessment of those 'retro-styled' 90's XF Jaguars. The opposite to cutting edge design efficiency. 

They must have both been turning in their graves ....

I must say the opportunity for MCN readers (adult or other wise - I am only 64) to voice opinions on what appear to be groundbreaking is admirable. The debate stimulated could be part of the 'research' for the design, engineering and design teams involved.

The MCN has happily become a bit less 'hyper-sports' focussed recently, and will attract more mature and committed readers by its new approach. Shame it has been following biking trends in this regard rather than leading them, but at least it is happening now. Keep it up MCN! 

Pete

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

This is why Lotus does not make motorcycles

I have to agree that if Chapman were to have make a bike, he would not have chosen a heavy, high power dragster.

It's not clear that this is even Lotus cars, or just another sell off of the Lotus name, which is quickly becoming "Hello Kitty" .

Also, this thing really resembles the new Voxan Wattman, which, coincidently uses the 200hp number... are we missing the fact that this may be an electric motorcycle?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Truantray!

Don't know about electric, there could be a boiler in there.!!!

Reply to this Topic
Lightning Boy

Mar 07

Not Lotus

I should start by stating my position: I like pretty much all kinds of bikes, I also like many cars, particulalry Lotus cars.  

For me, this bike is all wrong, it just doesn't smack of Lotus, it just looks like some designer has been let loose and that, in itself, is wrong. The Lotus Seven was all about lightness and agility, design very much followed function. The modern day Elise, while a good looking car, was always about lightness, performance through lack of bulk and race track technologies. 

This thing is just something a designer todssed off with little or no thought for what the brand stands for. Dont get me wrong, I like the design, but it just has no place in Lotus. Its just wrong.

Reply to this Topic
Crussell

Jan 09

Crussell says:

Not a Lotus

I suspect the Lotus team have been "rick rolled" into believing that this was a piece of 2 wheeled art.  It seems to bear not one of the things that Colin Chapman was renowned for in his fantastic, innovative, lightweight and sweet handling race car designs.  C-01 is the complete antithesis of what Mr Chapman was noted for. I am sure he would be seething after seeing this with his initials emblazoned on it's rather flabby sides.  I hope this is a styling exercise and nothing else.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices