Skip to content

Discuss This No BT Sport commentary deal for Toby Moody MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > No BT Sport commentary deal for Toby Moody

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

No BT Sport commentary deal for Toby Moody

Popular MotoGP commentator Toby Moody has confirmed he will not be part of the new BT Sport coverage in 2014. Moody has been a regular behind the microphone in MotoGP with British Eurosport since 1996. But as constant rumours surrounding the identity of the commentary team for BT Sport’s 2014 world championship coverage continue, Moody took to his personal Twitter account (@TobyMoody)...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 278 days ago (16 January 2014 14:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I see my comment has been "moderated"

Surely the whole point of a forum is for the public to exercise their right to an opinion?

In my opinion Toby Moody is a tedious individual, with a smug and highly pedantic commentary style that I shall not miss. I see that other comments reflecting this view have also been removed.

Is this what MCN has become now? A sanitised dream world where people are only allowed to express themselves providing its what you want to hear?

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

rock music

when i watch [not very often]fi or were theres the ususal boring f--kn commentry,if you have other tv devises click on a good rock music station [or music of your choice ]listen to good sounds tv of your choice and dont give them boring morons a chance to ennoy you,another TIp from JEWELS,

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

bluehaz60

The BT coverage was the the Dorna feed.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

jewels

Many thanks lol ,Nick Harris ,well a blast from the past indeed but if memory serves me right he was either manager or publicist of the great man himself ,Mr Barry Sheene M.B.E & God ,But of that era one of the best and most knowledgable and he couldn't of loved the sport more  is a Derby gentleman call Chris Carter journol and commentator/author havent seen his larger than life frame around for some time but he just had a good "voice" and knew his stuff and was also a nice bloke,Whoever gets the job make it informed make it fun and please please not those back Slapping TWITS if poss, ta 

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Dorna feed

I note the cost of the subscription has more than doubled from 99euro per year to 24.95 per month!!!! Clearly they realize they can screw yet more money out of fans.

Reply to this Topic
simoncbr1000rr

Apr 12

goodbye

motogp, I'd like to say I'll miss you...but alas no,all the races now are predictable and boring, the coverage in this country will now go down the toilet (along with the ratings) my beloved eurosport cycling coverage will make up for the loss of motogp 10 times over

Reply to this Topic
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

moto gp

it just has to be keith huewen and julian ryder i remember these 2 in superbikes  a few years back they were funny and made the racing better .suzi perry oh god no way please.if avaliable jamie whitham hes hilarious.

Reply to this Topic
graham pc

Mar 07

graham pc says:

Fans walk away.

I will miss Moto Gp 2014 because I live in KC Communications area Kingston upon Hull and there is no deal I can afford to get BT sport on my TV which really sucks the BBC and Euro sport coverage was excellent well done Dorma is there anything elses you can do to **** up this fantastic sport your greed is breath taking I will have to walk away so well done !

Reply to this Topic
hurdyfurdy

Jul 12

hurdyfurdy says:

BT Sport - what coverage?

Tyring to find out how much Moto GP Bt Sort will cover before I decide whether to buy the Sky add on or MotoGP app.  Will they be showing the testing in Feb? Practices, qualifying & races or just races? It pains me to hace to pay extra for it but c'est la vie

Hoping somebody who works for BT Sport reads these comments and can tell me (or somebody else point me to a part of their website which actually tells me)

Also, if I take the Sky add on at £12 pm + £15 setup and bin it at the end of the season (Nov) as it's only a rolling one month contract will I have to pay another setup next year?

Phoned the BT Sport helpline 27/1/14 - the BT sales guy said he had no info yet on exactly what will be shown.  He was honest enough to say he reckined I should wait until nearer the 1st race to see

Reply to this Topic
zx6biker

Dec 03

zx6biker says:

Motogp TV coverage

Like most, I'll not be subscribing to BT Sport, I already subscribe to Sky for British Eurosport who have given outstanding coverage of all three championships for many years and are now being kicked in the teeth by Dorna just for money, with no thought from them for the fans, riders, teams and sponsors. I may use one of the many online streams that are available, just Google and you will find them or Sport 1 Germany is free to air on the old Astra 1 satellite at 19E and has rights for 2014 and has an online stream As I have a steerable dish and suitable digital receiver, that's the way I'll probably go. A cheap digital set up such as you can get from many of the retail outlets will get this with no problem, just set the dish on 19E and put up with the German commentary that's all. Stuff BT and make them think again the greedy xxxxxx's. I feel sorry for the many who do not have the internet or are in positions where they rely on the BBC. Personally, I prefered the British Eurosport coverage which is why I paid for Sky and have now be cheated by BT and Dorna.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices