Skip to content

Discuss This Road Test Diary: Part One General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Road Test Diary: Part One

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN Staff  says:

Road Test Diary: Part One

In late October last year, MCN Road Testers Michael Neeves and Adam Child took a trip to Sicily for a week's worth of road tests. The digital producer that went along to shoot video also took some behind-the-scenes footage to document the trip. In part one of MCN's Road Test Diary, we take the Ducati Panigale 899, Suzuki GSX-R 750 and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 309 days ago (17 January 2014 15:38)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
steverhysjenks

Apr 12

Bike kit

Its going to seem a really daft question. But do you guys carry and check in all your bike gear? How do manage making sure your helmets are not bashed about?

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Sorry guys . . .

Too much talking and not enough action in this video. Was loosing the will to live by the end,  yaaaaaaawn!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Just What is Wrong....

With Testing Bikes in this Country.....in the Rain.....or on our Salt encrusted Roads....? FFS MCN.........try testing bikes in ...OUR WORLD..........

Reply to this Topic
greenturbobob

Nov 05

Lucky sods!!!

....... wished i was there!!

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Snev

Nothing wrong with testing bikes in this country - we do it all the time. But when you've got incredible handling, stiff, powerful sportsbikes to review, you find out a lot more when it's dry. The pictures are more inspiring, too.

I see what you;re saying about 'real world', but In the rubbish winter conditions you can't lean a sportsbike over, acclerate or brake properly. We would be doing bikes like these a diservice pottering around at the speed limit and dribbling around salty corners. They'd all feel exactly the same.

New bikes come out in the winter, so that's when we have to review them. It would be good if they came out in the summer, but then we'd have nothing to do now!

Neevesy, MCN.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Yes......

But some of us, your Readers... actually ride all year round and you learn an awfull lot about a bike at the limits of grip on wet pot holed roads. These Sportsbikes are in danger of being labelled "Fair Weather" bikes when actually, they are very capable all year round. After all...... Racing continues when it rains. 

My MT09 has done just over 2000 miles and I can only remember a couple of dry road days...... It's been huge fun and a bit of an eye opener......... I would be happy to write a Report based on my experiences riding a Brand new bike in the Winter... including Pictures of various parts showing how well the finish stands up to the salt and Grime.

I'm sure some would find it of interest. 

Snev.

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Snev

I agree. That's what our long term test fleet is for - riding the bikes every day in all weathers and seeing how they stand-up. For a 'first ride' type road test, you need decent conditions to ride them.

Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

So, . .. . .

What the test is saying is that these bikes are great to ride in this country for 5 months a year or the south of France all year round. So buy them and SORN them over winter here!

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

SatNavSteve

All we're saying is if you want to test a bike properly, you're best of doing it in the dry, where you can get proper riding impressions and nice-looking pictures.

Neevesy

Reply to this Topic
philehidiot

Feb 09

philehidiot says:

Hence

why you did them all on the same tyres so you're limited by the grip / feel the bike provides, not the limitations of different tyres or the limitations of the surface.

Kind of obvious, really.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices