Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes and Laverty set the WSB world order World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Lowes and Laverty set the WSB world order

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gordon Ritchie  says:

Lowes and Laverty set the WSB world order

When Alex Lowes and Eugene Laverty signed to ride the ageing Suzuki GSX-R1000 for the Voltcom Crescent Suzuki team in 2014 few would have thought that they would leave the first major winter test of 2014 1-2 in the lap time rankings. Fewer would have also put Lowes above Laverty at a track he has had much success at in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 189 days ago (20 January 2014 18:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
mrdata

Aug 02

mrdata says:

Proofreader job available

OK somebody has to say it. Its spelled "upset"

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

Not really suprised

I have got to say I am not really suprised by either Sam or Eugines pace. I have already said that Sam and Alex Lowes are the best British riders for sometime and Eugine is no slouch to finish 2nd in WSB last year. Alot of people have critisized Paul Denning but he hes certainly picked 2 goodens here. The guy they have to beat though is Tom Sykes

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

No surprise

Alex and Sam are superbly quick and talented ,Makes you wonder what Sam would of done on the MV ?,However what we really want is to see these two in moto gp on a proper piece of kit,Back in the days of the brightest up and coming talent virtually sure to get picked up it would be assured ,but now in the days of politics and half a dozen decent seats in the gp circus it matters very little ,However I hope that Alex times his wsbk Suzuki tilt with Suzuki's return to moto gp ,I'm sure Sam will turn heads in moto2 ,these boys are oozing confidence and are marketable and talented hopefully being British won't hold them back  too much

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Sam's not going to take that lying down

Reply to this Topic
Feckit

Jan 13

Feckit says:

Proofreader/spellchecker

Couple is couple and not coupe! Come on M C N, check before an article is posted! There is one more in there that I can see, can you find it and correct 12 hours from now? Go go go!

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

Suzuki GP

If Suzuki want buckets loads of free publicity plus two, comparatively, cheap riders they could do no better than the Lowes twins. Guaranteed PR.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

The best riders are inMOTOGP??

All the posts reckon the best riders are in MOTOGP. I dont think so, Maybe Lorenzo, Marquez and pedrosa and thats arguablebut the rest are no better than the average WSB BSB rider, and overall I think WSB riders  over the last few years have been the better entertainers and better racers than the MOTOGP racer. Now that DORNA run both series it would be possible to run two teams MOTOGP verses WSB riders maybe on production type (bsb) bikes over three rounds. It wont happen but It would certinaly generate alot of intrest

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Fabien Foret

has stepped up to WSBK from Supersport - why ?  He's 40 years old for crying out loud !

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

The best counter argument to that

quarter inch drive man is Charlie Checa and the CEII. Perhaps also Bayliss,Hodgson, Biaggi, Xaus, Toseland and lil' Koc from Lil' Rock.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

Can you clarify that - not quite sure what you're saying.  If you're saying what I think then you can add Corser and Haga to that list.  It has to be said tho' that Bayliss won the last race of the 990 era on a Ducati beating VR in the process.   It has to be said also that 'generally' the Superbike riders had inferior machinery in MotoGp.   

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices