Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes and Laverty set the WSB world order World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Lowes and Laverty set the WSB world order

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Gordon Ritchie  says:

Lowes and Laverty set the WSB world order

When Alex Lowes and Eugene Laverty signed to ride the ageing Suzuki GSX-R1000 for the Voltcom Crescent Suzuki team in 2014 few would have thought that they would leave the first major winter test of 2014 1-2 in the lap time rankings. Fewer would have also put Lowes above Laverty at a track he has had much success at in...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 239 days ago (20 January 2014 18:22)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Nostro

So Foggy the most successful rider in WSB's 25 years history couldn't set up a playmobile. haha

A Buddhist friend of mine (whom you may remember posting here) gave me this quote :-

The deluded and the wicked are prone to seek only the ugliness in others but not the good and beautiful.

Reply to this Topic
Parkway70

Jun 09

Parkway70 says:

Nostro

I think you're talking out of your arse (again) regarding Foggy not being able to set up a bike.As I remember when he filled in for Frankie Chilli on the Roc Honda 500 he was instantly on the pace.,but was not allowed to change the settings due to HRC not allowing it .Foggys times/results were outstanding on the Roc Honda, anyway I thought you would of known that a certain Kenny Roberts was desperate to sign him to Yamaha but politics and sponsorship ie:cigerette money was not forthcoming for a Brit in the nineties(if there was any justice Hodgson should of had a fair chance)....I would never underestimate Foggys set up skills when they have been a legend round the Isle of Man,the ultimate racing test of skill...as they say, talk is cheap

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Reflects well on BSB

Suzuki's pace in testing is out of the ordinary and beyond what anyone expected.

Can you protest a bike in testing? Presumably not. You know if you were looking to win more sponsorship over the winter it would be tempting to run ilegal bikes in testing. I'm not suggesting anything you understand but if Suzuki's speed suddenly evaporates come the first round then it would add to the suspicion. 

Bet Dorna strip their bikes at the first opportunity. Seriously though, Alex Lowes is hot property and it reflects very well on BSB. 

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Suzuki

Looks like there motoGP testing has started early!

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Well that didn't take long Parkway

First cab off the google rank had this in it;

"He's not the best rider in the world for setting a bike up," Julian Ryder observes

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/profile-carl-fogarty-a-demon-on-wheels-1621437.html

Do try to keep up eh, there's a good lad.

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

"Our part of course is sticking to bike related banter and avoiding the tedious pointless abuse which has permeated the site of late"

Anyone remember this?

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Suzuki

Let's not get too excited yet - these times are 1.2 seconds off Sykes lap record.

More frothy foam from the gullible geek ... how long did it take you to source that little gem Nostro ... all of a sudden Ryder's comments are gospel right ?  It's all in the interpretation - Julian said Foggy wasn't the best he didn't say he was the worst or that he wasn't any good and the Playmobile jibe is entirely yours.

By the way if you're ever in Kent ... a little place near Brands Hatch needs a new 'village idiot.'

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Erm

in theory I can go out and buy a ZX10R, GSXR 1000, Fireblade, R1,  which WSBK bike is based on, However I cannot get a Moto gp or in fact a moto 2 bike from my local dealer. Two very distinct differentials that require different riding techniques. Its only the Aprilia RSV4 that is similar in both championships and it took an ex Moto gp rider to win the championship on a bike that was originally planned for Moto gp. Go figure!

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

tops

itl be more excitin than MOTOCRAPEEEEEE

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN