Skip to content

Discuss This Mick Grant joins Norton for TT assault TT & road races

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > TT & road races > Mick Grant joins Norton for TT assault

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Mick Grant joins Norton for TT assault

Norton Motorcycles have expressed their intent to take yet another step forwards with their TT racing endeavour, as the Donington Park-based manufacturer sign seven time winner Mick Grant to join the team in a development and management capacity. Grant, who last rode for the Norton factory some 40 years ago, will join the team with the intention of bringing his knowledge...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 241 days ago (23 January 2014 17:47)

Post a message in TT & road races

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DaveyM

Aug 03

DaveyM says:

Sorry

..........but it can't be a Norton with an Aprilia engine, simple as!

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

ROTARY

DOES HE KNOW ANYTHING ABOUT ROTARYS ,SORRY,I MADE ONE DO 6LAPS BACK IN 1992,THINK ABOUT IT,

Reply to this Topic
smilo996

Nov 08

smilo996 says:

It is a real shame that Norton are taking a short cut to racing at the TT. Garner owns spondon but this is a seperate company to Norton. So with the Arilia engine, you could argue it is a prototype but it is not a Norton. 

Reply to this Topic
moto4

Oct 12

moto4 says:

NRS588

Stuart Gardner: "We have a built a factory race bike from scratch..."

Whilst I don't want to belittle what they have achieved, this is a bit OTT. 'They' haven't. They did, the ill-fated NRS588 but the SG2 is a parts bin special, surely?

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

RCW

THE RCW WAS BUILT AT SHENSTONE BY DAVE EVANS AND BRIAN CRIGHTON,IT NEVER WON A TT,BUT IT WON EVERY THING ELSE,THE NRS WAS A TOTALY DIFFERENT BIKE,IT HAD TO RUN BACKWARDS TO ALLOW FOR THE YAMAHA GEARBOX TO FUNCTION,BUT IT WAS A NORTON 100%

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Youre jogging some memories Jewels

The RCW had twin-shocks instead of canti-lever rear end because Chrighton thought they were better. There were several riders who rode it - notably Trevor Nation, Steve Spray, Robert Dunlop, Ron Haslam, Jim Moodie and Phil Boorley (now technical director with Paul Bird Motorsport in MotoGP

If my memory is correct Steve Hislop did win a TT on the rotary in 1992 but I can't remember which model - was in a one-off white colour backed by Hislop's regular sponsor- ABUS.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

NRS

THE ROTARY THAT WON THE 92 TT WAS A NRS,R DUNLOP WAS 3RD ON THE SISTER NRS [HYMAC]THE ONLY ROTARY TO HAVE TWIN SHOCKS WAS CRIGHTONS DEVELOPOMENT ROTON,WHICH HE TOOK TO EASTERN CREEK FOR THE AUSTRALIAN GP WITH STEVE SPRAY,THEN GRANT HODSON RODE IT[THE ROTON] AND WON ON IT IN AUS.DONT 4GET THAT THE RCW SPONDON CHASSIS,NRS HARRIS CHASSIS,WITH FI ROAD ENGINE YAM OWO1 GEARBOX,RCW WITH NORTON WC GEARBOX,TREVOR NATION LAPPED TT AT JUST OVER 120MPH [RCW] THAT WAS THE FASTEST LAP EVER 4 A BRITISH BIKE,IF YOU WANT ANY MORE INFO SATURN LET ME KNOW,

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Any Idea

What Nation and Spray are doing these days ?   Don't know Phil Boorley personally but I think he originally worked for Julian Soper motorcycles which is just down the road from where I live.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Any Idea

What Nation and Spray are doing these days ?   Don't know Phil Boorley personally but I think he originally worked for Julian Soper motorcycles which is just down the road from where I live.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

RIDERS

NATION RENOVATES OLD HOUSES IN CORNWALL N SPRAY AFTER IS TIME IN JAIL STILL LIVES THE PLAYBOY [MONEY]DONT FORGET TERRY RYMER HAD A DOUBLE RACE WIN ON THE NRS AT DONINGTON,AND RAY STRINGER FINISHED RUNNER TWICE TO SPRAY AT THE RACE OF ACES 1989,GOOD OLD ROTARYS,

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices