Skip to content

Discuss This Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

Five-time MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan reckons Casey Stoner would have slipped seamlessly back into winning contention had the Australian been returning to racing action in 2014. Stoner retired at the end of 2012 after winning two premier class titles, but he has constantly been linked with a future return. Stoner won’t be racing in MotoGP in 2014, but there are constant...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 235 days ago (24 January 2014 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Bollocks Saturn

It was the frantic panic of Rossi that had Corse changing frames like your whores drawers. The Honda was remarkably settled by 2011. Let us also remember Stoner barely (a couple of seconds on average in total elapsed race time in like on like conditions. Real verifiable fact, not a Wosi stat.) went any faster 2011 on HRC kit than he did 2010 on Corse's. This tells us so much. Basically Stoner could ride the razors edge a little more risk free with the RCV.

Of course the Terrapin is a product of Uncle Carmelo's system with his silent acquiescence. That has never been in doubt. He's certainly been the beneficiary of it too, as Steve so lucidly points out - and far more than just the tyre situation Steve describes. No other of the present or past Aliens has whinged and whined about present or potential fast team mates and the need to hinder them with either inferior kit or non access to data - let alone a pathetic 'him or me' ultimatum - a true low point in the career and standing of the Terrapin. The current batch of Aliens welcome the challenge. The Terrapin had something to hide. Hidden no longer though, he's been thoroughly exposed on all fronts.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

So what will Dall'igna do ?

Advance or regress ?  If there is any mileage in the assumption that CF monocoque was the best then we should see the re-emergence of said frame. 

I doubt it !!  It was more than just that - the whole design concept needs to be re-valued and re-vamped (new bike?) seems to me that was what Rossi and Burgess were trying to do.

Things have moved on too far now for Ducati to do any catching up hence try and save face by going into open class racing.

I realise your intransigence is complete Nostro so the seeds of wisdom will fall on stoney ground, deaf ears and blind bigotry.   haha.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

Iv'e had enough im selling my duke if things ain't going to get better

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Don't do it eddl

The road bikes have charisma and proven history.  By the way the Casey you referred to earlier did indeed drive an engine it was a 90 degree L configuration and - it was attached to the wheels with rubber bands even if they were Carbon fibre ones.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

To summarise................................Casey done well on the Duke but couldn't develop the thing apparently? Vale/Burgess didn't do so well and couldn't develop the thing to any where near to the results that Casey 'who couldn't develop the thing' achieved?

I love Stoner as you all know. but Lawson is still God.. But the facts are that Casey done what the alleged GOAT failed to do and that's a fact gentlemen. Call him all the names you like but facts are facts.

Roll on this season

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

More summary Pacey

The milky bar kid couldn't develop a photo in a dark-room - what he could do was ride a camel to a championship (respect for that tho') seriously!       The Repsol Honda must have been like a Sunday bike-ride in the park for him

My real GOAT is Mike 'The Bike' Hailwood who rode many camels to victory.  Not many will have seen him race tho'. I am privileged to have seen him race throughout his career.

Hey Pacey - 'bout time you changed that avatar it's soooo yesterday.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

While I may have a go at the Ducati R&D department, which I know are good engineers, it is only to highlight failings somewhere in their system.  As Saturn has pointed out, Honda bring out new kit every 5 minutes until they get the results they want.  Ducati on the other hand have just stagnated and seem to have hit a brick wall in development, which is why Rossi lost patience.    Nostro can't seem to except this fact and has now gone off on a tangent and is talking about Rossi has lost his alien status, which is a completely different argument altogether.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

FireBird - Sense and Sensibility

Nostro's obsession is Rossi, he is consumed with disdain for him to the exclusion of all measured argument. It's all Frothy Foam from the Gullible Geek.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Same as it ever was eh Saturn

You spout bollocks and Nostro shoots you down with fact. That's the problem with facts for the bedwetters, it always finds them out in the end; just as they did with the Terrapin. As always your lot still can't come to terms with the fact the Stoner was the first to blow apart the GOAT illusion, although the man himself has also done an exceptionally good job at unravelling his own myth too.

Reply to this Topic
hough

May 11

hough says:

You guys have waaaaay too much time on your hands 

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle