Skip to content

Discuss This Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

Five-time MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan reckons Casey Stoner would have slipped seamlessly back into winning contention had the Australian been returning to racing action in 2014. Stoner retired at the end of 2012 after winning two premier class titles, but he has constantly been linked with a future return. Stoner won’t be racing in MotoGP in 2014, but there are constant...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 188 days ago (24 January 2014 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Ahhhhh

Cheers Alex, for the record once more, i am not Welsh. The user name refers to the crap luck i have all the time like a welshman (as opposed to the Irish who get all the luck, it was a joke from when i was a kid).

I have no idea where the Brit GP will go to be honest, I hope it comes back to Donnington. I really like the circuit there, it is just a shame that it is falling behind in other aspects.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Stunning looking Cafe racer

Alex - yes another that really appeals to me.   The only thing I'd change is the army green colour.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Having a crack..

The Gullible Geek is challenging you to disprove his wobbly theories..

EG: Nostrodumbass has always maintained Stoner was as fast on the GP10, as he was on the RCV in 2011..at like for like condition tracks.

Any plonker can clearly see this was not the case.

2010, Casey crashed his brains out to come 4th, 177pts behind the winner. More points than Spies in 5th, totalled all season.

2011, with an extra SEVEN wins and 125pts more than 2010 - despite less starts - he was World Champ 90pts clear of the runner-up.

Does it look like Stoner was as fast on the Ducati?

Like for like, there was only one race 2010 he was faster. Aragon..with Haydens settings..by less than a second.

Barcelona: 8sec faster 2011. Rossi was faster than Stoner 2010 on the Ducati.

Laguna: 6sec faster 2011.

Brno: 17sec faster 2011. Rossi faster 2011 than Stoner 2010.

Misano: 17sec faster 2011. Rossi faster 2011 than Stoner 2010. 

Motegi: 7secs faster 2011.

Due to track conditions or CRASHES, the other races are not comparable.

This is called having a crack, LotW. In reality, it's a demolition job, showing Nostril up for Nose-picking Numpty he is.

My pleasure btw..

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Utter, utter b/**** yet again Wosi

How many times do I have to put you in your place with the times taken directly from MotoGP.com comparing true like on like conditions of atmospherics, no new track seal, no new assymetric tyres?

Stoner was fractionally quicker than himself 2011 from the previous year, and significantly quicker 2010 than Rossi 2011. No B/S involved.

The below are commonly knows as Wosi fact's - cherry picked bits and pieces ignoring significant mitigating factors.

Saucey bit of Brit Alex. I like the racing green.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Haha..

Few too many utter's in there Nostril..you're rattled and flouncing as usual. Big statements..nothing to back them up with apart from flapping lips.

Stoner said the tyres of 2011 were the worse he'd had from Bridgestone..asymmetric or not.

Atmospherics?..we're comparing bikes here, not radio reception.

Track seal?..were all circuits re-layed 2011?

The Honda of 2011 was no better than the Ducati of 2010?

Hahahaha..

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

You'll keep Wosi

I have the facts and figures at my finger tips on my home P.C to stick under your nose later, for what will it be, the third or fourth time now on this site? Do you just play this game for my benefit? If so it's very sweet of you. You're such a machochist.

The Terrapin was only faster in total elapsed time at Barcelona 2011 because Stoner ran off track twice in 2010!

I never said the 2010 Duke was the equal of the 2011 RCV. Far from. But not as far as the Terrapin made the GP11 look!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Look forward to it..

..because the closest old Nostro has got to putting any detail on said claim that Stoner was as fast 2010 as 2011 is below.

Let us also remember Stoner barely (a couple of seconds on average in total elapsed race time in like on like conditions. Real verifiable fact, not a Wosi stat.) went any faster 2011 on HRC kit than he did 2010 on Corse's.

Be interesting to see your dodgy comparison and maths on that.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Stoner vs himself vs Lorenzo vs the Terrapin 2010/2011

Yet again (again!) for your edification Wosi. These are the only comparable condition races for which data is extractable between Stoner and Rossi.

Catalunya - Hey ho, Rossi was 1 whole second quicker than Stoner on total elapsed race time at one of his favourite tracks. Oh, Stoner ran off track twice.

Mugello - Rossi 38 seconds faster than Stoner 2010 !! Oh Lorenzo 42 faster than himself 2010. A freshly resurfaced track perhaps?

Brno- Rossi 5 seconds faster than Pramac Stoner over total elapsed time. Brno 2011 was the first race in which Bridgestone brought a wider selection of tyre compounds for the riders to choose from.

Misano. Rossi 4 secs faster than Pramac Stoner. Control Lorenzo 12 whole seconds faster 2011 than himself 2010. Reason? Bridgestone brings asymmetrics tyres 2011.

Laguna - since you love Laguna '08 so much. It's time to update and talk Laguna 2011. Truly similar conditions 2010 - 2011. GP10 Stoner 24 secs faster than GP11.9 Rossi. 24 Seconds faster on the Pramac machine in weather, ambient and track conditions that were similar. Control Lorenzo 2011 ran exactly the same elapsed time as Pramac Stoner 2010, or actually 3 seconds slower than himself 2010.

Sachenring. O.K shortened race 2010. Stoner only 1 sec behind the winner after 9 laps. Extrapolate that to a full 30 laps and that's 4 seconds in arrears. Rossi 26 seconds behind Stoner 2011. Fastest race laps Control Lorenzo 1:22.28 2010 and 1:22.02 2011. Pramac Stoner 1:22.53. GP11.9 Rossi 1:22.80

Aragon. Stoner only 1 sec different between his total elapsed race times on the Pramac and the RCV. It's a rocket that RCV. Rossi 40 seconds slower than Stoners Pramac! Control Lorenzo 5 secs slower 2011 than his 2010.

So the best you've got is 5 secs due to a wider rubber selection, and I bring a 40 sec and 24 sec whooping of Rossi by Stoner. Not to mention 9 podiums and 3 wins for Pramac Stoner, versus Rossi's one inherited podium 2011. Christ even Xaus did better than that on the Ducati!

Control riders Lorenzo and Hayden did pretty much what they did 2010 to 2011. The difference each time was Stoner.

If you're going to bring figures to the table Wosi they better be like for like, otherwise they're less than meaningless. But of course meaningless figures are your stock in trade.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Digress..

1. to depart from the main subject in speech or writing.

2. to wander from one's path or main direction.

I was looking forward to your views on Stoner RCV vs Stoner GP10..?

Here's what Casey said about the tyres in a sportrider.com interview from December 2011..

I think since 2008 which is the last year before the single tire regulation, in my opinion they’ve gotten worse in quality. We’ve had base rubber and different things with the tires, we’ve struggled a lot more with them since then and year by year, maybe the speed and things are there but to get them warmed up, conditions need to be perfect. We haven’t really broken many lap records this year and the year before. You know there’s been advancements but as a modern tire I think they’ve gone backwards and made things a lot more difficult for us, and in a lot of instances, a lot more unsafe.

This tends to support mutterings that as sole supplier and without competition, Bridgestone haven't been developing and spending enough money. Last years Philip Island farce for example.

The bottom line is, Rossi was quick on the early Pramac. Before the rest of 2011 was committed to illustrating Preziosi had built a pup. Before the magic tyres you reckon favoured Rossi and while on the hard 'n cold 'stones that so disadvantaged Ducati and Stoner..apparently. 

The issue being, it just didn't look that way because the competition, and the RCV especially, moved on.

For years now, Ducati have been treading water while the others bugger off into the distance.

Hopefully the rebuilding process that Rossi & Burgess high-lighted the need to start, will find new impetus and direction running under The Open Class rules.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
aquarius

Jun 09

aquarius says:

BORING - LET'S TALK CRICKET

Casey says to tell you all this: -

Q. What do you get if you cross the English cricket team with an OXO cube?
A. A laughing stock.

Q What's the height of optimism?
A: English batsman putting on sunscreen.

Q. What's the difference between an English batsman and a Formula 1 car?
A. Nothing! If you blink you'll miss them both.

Q. What do English batsmen and drug addicts have in common?
A. Both spend most of their time wondering where their next score will come from.

Q. What does an English batsman playing in The Ashes have in common with Michael Jackson?
A. They both wore gloves for no apparent reason.

Q. What is the difference between Cinderella and the Poms?
A. Cinderella knew when to leave the ball.

Q. What's the difference between the Poms and a funeral director?
A. A funeral director isn't going to lose the ashes.

Cheers

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices