Skip to content

Discuss This Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Doohan: No doubt Stoner would return at top

Five-time MotoGP world champion Mick Doohan reckons Casey Stoner would have slipped seamlessly back into winning contention had the Australian been returning to racing action in 2014. Stoner retired at the end of 2012 after winning two premier class titles, but he has constantly been linked with a future return. Stoner won’t be racing in MotoGP in 2014, but there are constant...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 240 days ago (24 January 2014 10:17)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Saturn

The clue was in the avatar bud.

This site has enough 'divs' (myself included) without you trying to worm your way into our exclusive band  bud ;)

We'll put today down as 'i was tired and need a break' ;)

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

Wosi, you have obviously

hit on something with the Australian sports star and marriage thing. Mitchell Johnston (who married the Australian female karate champion, also an exceedingly good sort, prior to his career renaissance) doubtless further proves your case.

You remain unconvincing as an internal medicine physician as well. 

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

gay bowlers..

Love Mitchell's handlebar tache..no doubting who wears the trousers in his domestic situation.

Stoner don't need a physician..he needs a pyschiatrist.

Reply to this Topic
doohanfan

Jan 12

doohanfan says:

handlebar moustaches and

Australian fast bowlers is a tradition going back to the demon Spofforth and the original Ashes series, as I am sure you are aware Wosi. The ABC radio sports coverage has a humour/colour guy who sometimes composes topical ditties; he did one in regard to Johnston and the 'tache with a chorus which started " 'taches win Ashes " which was rather droll. If you have ever seen Jessica Bratich, Mitchell removing his pants frequently in her company is rather understandable, and if being a gay fast bowler involves being married to her I may have to both take up fast bowling and change my inclinations in late middle age.

We have been through the medical thing and Stoner ad infinitum; the short summary is that you are not well informed. There were two problems with "the best doctors money can buy"as you put it; the first being they were bought with Dorna's and /or Ducati's money and hence likely to be acting in the interests of their employers rather than Stoner's interests. I seem to also recall Ducati deciding that another rider, Marco Melandri,  needed to see a psychiatrist rather than looking for any fault in their bike; I take it you consider Valentino to be in need of psychiatry as well. If the "best doctors" were acting dispassionately despite their paymasters, the second problem is that they are usually orthopaedic surgeons; doctors with an inclination towards the physician/internal medicine side of things frequently can diagnose as interns medical conditions which surgeons have failed to detect.

In any event, if Stoner only had sufficient mental and physical toughness to win 2 championships and 38 premier class races, one of those championships and 23 of those races on a bike in the Ducati 800 on which  no-one else including your boy even led a lap other than in the Japan 2007 race, that is tough enough for his fans including me. I presume you decry Barry Sheene, who also "only" won 2 championships and had travails similar to Stoner's at one point in his career, as well.  

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Village People..

One up the bum..no harm done.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=InBXu-iY7cw

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

I see what

you mean about his bird DF.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

I care little about people says about Stoner.

http://youtu.be/zeN8cp4sems

http://youtu.be/c8ySCPFWa0M

Any guys capable of turning a bike this way at the apex owns my respect, plus, for gossip, familly, test bud matters and the rest, there is the Sun on Sunday, which from my standard is the most expensive brand of toilet papers in the world.

Are we talking bikes or whot? So if we are, there are three Australians who broke the rules when it comes to riding bikes, Gardner, Doohan and Stoner, give credit, the rest is forum politics.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

I thought you guys would like to resource...

http://youtu.be/67232nrD_do

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=omk5sHY2xwI&feature=share

Enjoy!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool