Skip to content

Ask an Expert First 125 bike - vote please! :) Buying & selling bikes

You are in... Forums > Ask an Expert > Buying & selling bikes > First 125 bike - vote please! :)

Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

madcat86

Jan 14

madcat86 says:

First 125 bike - vote please! :)

Hey all, I'm new to the forum and would appreciate your advice and experience :smile

I'm undecided on which bike to buy between the following (learner legal), I want something bigger looking and sporty hence the bikes listed :winkie:
I'm 6 foot 1 FYI and have put the rough prices against the bikes.

(1) Yamaha YZF-R125 - £4.4k

(2) Rieju RS3 125 - £3.5k

(3) Honda CBR125R (standard or repsol version) £3.6k

I'm torn between the Honda and Rieju in terms of value leaving me money for purchasing my new equipment, but if the Yamaha is worth the extra then please let me know!

If anyone wishes to help (vote!) or reply with an alternative similar to these bikes.

Thanks!
Madcat

[This Topic has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 188 days ago (24 January 2014 23:29)

Post a message in Buying & selling bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
IsraelsRSV

Feb 11

IsraelsRSV says:

Cost

Hey madcat. Glad your getting into biking. Everyone should do it, its simply the best thing to do outside of the bedroom.

I have a question. Why spend so much money on your first bike? Unless your minted. Chances are you'll ride off with the disc lock on, forget to put the sidestand down and loose your balance riding onto cirbs when parking up. You'll probably spit it under a postoffice van on an oily roundabout and break to hard for a red light on a rainy day. I bet every biker on here has done them all when new to riding or maybe even not so new.
My first road bike was a 1988 cbr400rr and by the time I moved up, it was dead. I had killed it doing all of the above. Then I moved up to a z750 and killed it too. Not killed any since you'll be pleased to know.
My second question is why the big bike look? Your not fooling anyone with the hairdryer engine, the skinny tyres and the massive big L's front and back.
Question 3. Rather than spending 3.5 grand on a 125, why not do your test on a intensive training coarse for a grand (you'll be done in a week) and then you can spend the 2 grand on a actual big bike (z750, sv650, er6) and spend 500 quid on a package of helmet and leathers?
You'd be looking the bees knees with your real big bike with a low down rumble as your ride past in your all black leather that you acquired online. All before the summer all for the same price as a 125 but no mini machines or L plates in sight. Still expect all the things from question 1 though

Reply to this Topic
madcat86

Jan 14

madcat86 says:

Thanks

Thanks for your advice/reply israels, something for me to think about.

Madcat

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices