Skip to content

Discuss This Roberts joins Eurosport for BSB and WSB World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Roberts joins Eurosport for BSB and WSB

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Roberts joins Eurosport for BSB and WSB

Former BBC MotoGP frontman Matt Roberts will join the Eurosport team for 2014, as the face of their British and World Superbike coverage, replacing Tony Carter for the live Sunday shows. Roberts will join Jamie Whitham, Jack Burnicle, James Haydon and Steve Day as the channel ups their coverage in lieu of the demise of MotoGP. The new extended coverage will...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 230 days ago (29 January 2014 09:46)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

Matt's a very likeable guy, and is a great catch for Eurosport. They've put together a quality team for this year.

That doesn't leave BT Sport with too many options...

Matt Oxley reckons he knows who's getting the BT gig, but annoyingly he isn't saying. Anyone here knows him well enough to get it out of him?

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Shame

I enjoyed Matt's time at MotoGP he was a guy who knew his stuff, and he has got a good rapport with a lot of the riders. Sad to see him go, i'm sure whoever gets the BT job will be good though.

Reply to this Topic
diceman23

Nov 09

diceman23 says:

Extended Coverage Of BSB can't be a bad thing and good to see Matt has got himself a gig for next year. As for BT I really don't care who they get so long as it's not Charlie Cox If I have to listen to that ape Hack and cough his way through another broadcast I'll end up stabbing myself in the ear. 

Reply to this Topic
glynn49

Oct 13

glynn49 says:

Mat Roberts

Glad to see Mat has retained a good job role as he is enthuseastic and knowledgable with the rest of the boys, while on the subject does anyone know how we are going to watch MOT GP other than enrolling in another money spinning rip off. BBc and uerosport were great RIP  

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Between

me you and the gatepost, I heard it might be Craig Doyle for BT

Reply to this Topic
neilf

Aug 02

neilf says:

No BBC coverage? I couldn't give a stuff!

Nah, it's gonna be Tony Carter.

I can't see what all the fuss is about BT Sports getting the MotoGP gig.

British Eurosport isn't free because you have to have either SKY or Virgin TV to get it anyway. Luckily for me BT Sports comes with my Virgin Media TV package :smile

I only ever watched one race of the BBC's coverage anyway because of Cox, so loosing them isn't an issue.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

commentary

still don't get the negatives about old Charlie and Steve Parrish,Craig Doyle and Tony Carter mentioned on here.well Craig Doyle would be better suited to presenting a holiday programme and Tony Carter is a  presenter more than a commentator isn;'t he?,Steve Day is as Dreary as a wet weekend,I still hope that the ghastly self indulgent face for radio Julian Ryder is a gonner ,as is the anorak Spalders,However in the end it won't as is life be what the viewer wants but who's face fits i imagine

Reply to this Topic
ratchetman

Jun 11

ratchetman says:

top team

Matt Roberts, Jamie Whitham and Jack Burnical will make a top team and with the extra coverage of BSB and WSB that SKY are giving and the Quality of the racing it should be a good season. Just a pity that MOTOGP is exclusive to BT (greedy bastards) and I cant afford it, But **** happens 

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

glad to see the back of the ginger , I hated his smug smile

just hope he isn't going to bt, because that will mess it up from the start

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

that so called anorak Spalders, let us in on a lot of facts we otherwise wouldn't have known about and if you love the sport you want to know these things.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices