Skip to content

Discuss This Has BMW completely nailed the modern rider's desires with their new R nineT? General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Has BMW completely nailed the modern rider's desires with their new R nineT?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Has BMW completely nailed the modern rider's desires with their new R nineT?

Has BMW completely nailed the modern rider's desires with their new R nineT? The sales figures certainly suggest so. It's fun, fast, handles, looks good, has character, is easy to customise, and doesn't cost upwards of £12,000. But does it do it for you?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 177 days ago (30 January 2014 14:37)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
69Fastback

Apr 12

69Fastback says:

Moto Guzzi Griso?

"It's fun, fast, handles, looks good, has character, is easy to customise, and doesn't cost upwards of £12,000. But does it do it for you?"

Should add the 8 valve 'Moto Guzzi Griso' to that!

Reply to this Topic
buckr

Jan 09

buckr says:

Looks like a fat CB1300

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Note to MCN

Hi MCN, You may not want to bother with 3-way surveys in this case?  All you do is to dilute the message and muddy the results of the survey.  Meaning you end up with a confusing, non-coherent report which doesn't help anyone at the end.

If you are doing research for your mag and also for the OE's the best way to gain the most direct, clear and revealing result in the case of favorability of a certain new model is to simply ask a yes or no question.  Meaning you like it or not. 

When you ask the question "I'd have one, but not right now," that's just a nice way of saying I don't care for this bike. 

Basically as I write this, this bike has a 56% favorable and 44% unfavorable result.  That's what counts.  Cheers,

RacingShiva.com

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

It's a lardy, hilariously expensive parts-bin special

The only bike it'll takes sales from is the R1200GS, as a few accountants and HR managers reckon they'll look even more boss on the 5 sunny Sundays that they actually ride it each year.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

Longterm....

I suspect this is not a bike that will age well..

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Looks a bit sort of "Norton 961 meets Diavel while porking a Ural Dnieper" to me, but then the internal wiring in my head's not what it used to be. Can you get leg shields for it,  like on a Honda 90? Needs a top box as well.

Reply to this Topic
ruxxy

Oct 09

ruxxy says:

How much

I like the concept but you could get two Kevils customs for the price of one of these. I know where my money would go.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

You know

it will be well put together and engineerd but like ruxxy says you get a custom flat tracker type of bike on ebay for half the price and stand out in a car park like a cock in a convent.

Reply to this Topic
ayurveda

Aug 02

ayurveda says:

Too expensive

I dont mind the look of it but £12K! its way too expensive especially for a bike with an engine thats been around for quite a few years now and its still really a second bike. If it was 7-8k then its on the money but that price from BMW no way!!

Reply to this Topic
Mr.Number

Nov 07

Mr.Number says:

Price

It's not a commuter, it's not a touring bike, it's not an all out sports bike, it's a bike for a weekend that's why the price is high, because the 'weekend' only market is small and not mainstream. I saw this bike at the nec show last year and it really is a cracker but for daily use in the uk it's a no.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices