Skip to content

Discuss This MV Agusta Dragster 800 revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > MV Agusta Dragster 800 revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

MV Agusta Dragster 800 revealed

These are the first official images of the new MV Agusta Dragster 800 which cleverly wraps up the 798cc three-cylinder engine with 125bhp in the same chassis but with some new bodywork for a hardcore take on a naked roadster. The Dragster 800 has been seen a couple of times testing on the roads around the Varese factory in Italy but...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 235 days ago (31 January 2014 16:36)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Pure essence, pure thrills?

It can't be any better to ride than the Brutale which is a far better looking bike! And 11 grand for half a bike????

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

And. .

Just looked at a close-up of the rear view. Does anyone else think the 800 Dragster stickers are going to get rubbed off with the riders knees? And that number plate bracket looks like its broken off the tail and dropped down behind the wheel. Sorry, its awful. MV have designed some of the most beautiful bikes ever but this is a mess!

Reply to this Topic
truantray

Jan 14

truantray says:

miss

The Kawasaki Z1000 ABS looks better, has much more torque, and costs over a grand less, and likely won't fall apart after one winter.

Reply to this Topic
Bannister99

Mar 11

Bannister99 says:

I'd hope those stickers on the tank are laquered but being an MV you never know!

I like the looks and expect it will be much lighted than the Z1000, but they need to sort reliability and dealerships out before I'd buy one.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

You need a seance to find one...

Yes, phoned local dealer in NE UK, to ask about new 800 F3, was told they've stopped ealing with MV due to availabilty issues, i.e.Delivery times/availabilty = How long's a piece of string, sick of waiting...

What's the point in buying one of these machines, when you're local showroom, may stop dealing with MV and you'll have to end up travelling half the length of Britain for parts, etc.

Although, to be fair, my local dealer did say, they would honour servicing them, didn't mention parts though.

As for the bikes themselves, the fit and finish isn't what one would expect of such an exotic machine, not bad, just not exceptional, but, that's my opinion....Just telling ya'.:unsure:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Yup, I'm done with novelty brands

Something like a Ural or Jawa or even a Royal Enfield may be unique enough to justify going a bit off piste and dealing with hands-in-the-air delivery estimates.  But MV?  Are they really offering anything significantly different, let alone better, than a marque that can offer spares and a warranty worth the paper it's printed on?

Reply to this Topic
billysollocks

Feb 09

Oh good, another irrelevance with neither form nor function other than propping up an ego.

Next.

Reply to this Topic
Aki800

Aug 13

Aki800 says:

alright, calm down

Some real MV haters here, you must have all had some really bad experience with the previous MV's that you owned?

As for the dealers, would those in the NE happen to be the same ones connected with MotoGB who were until recently the UK importer for MV, I hear MV have a few choice words about them too?

Personally I've had no issues, I reported a warranty claim on mine with my dealer, within two days the parts were in and the bike fixed on the third? They also have in stock the latest 2014 ABS models of the Brutale and Rivale.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

Looks great. But then, ive always preferred the supermoto look anyway (TDR250 was my fave bike ever). Wish i could afford one. Although saying that im happy with my 1100 evo hyper.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

Looks great. But then, ive always preferred the supermoto look anyway (TDR250 was my fave bike ever). Wish i could afford one. Although saying that im happy with my 1100 evo hyper.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices