Skip to content

Discuss This Marquez tops day one at Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Marquez tops day one at Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Marquez tops day one at Sepang

Marc Marquez has started 2014 where he finished 2013, outpacing his rivals to finish over half a second faster than second placed Valentino Rossi after the first day of official testing at Malaysia’s Sepang circuit. In 30°C temperatures, the world champion completed his fastest lap on 52 of 62, setting a time of 2:00.286, only 0.2 slower than his pole position...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 171 days ago (04 February 2014 10:39)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Garbage championship, being ruined by factory, satellite, open class and CRT teams all operating so far apart, think I will quite happily watch Sykes defend his world title in wsb instead of watching our lads being shown up by repsol Hondas and yamahas, think the bt sport subscriptions going to wait a while yet!

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

OI!! LADIES...

Don't mean to brag, don't mean to boast but they're like hot butter on breakfast toast! I've just watched the 1st day testing at Sepang and interviews with the riders via the MotoGP website (I subscribed didn't you know?).  For any clown or guy not in charge of his purse strings (i.e. the missus won't let you spend 80 quid) you're just convincing yourself otherwise if you'd rather watch a lesser championship (that's not to say WSB and BSB aren't great races).  This year is promising to be better than 2013 so let your mates tell ya how great the races were and cry into your takeaway masala. 

For reference, Lorenzo and Cal whinged.  Redding seemed a bit spaced out.  Rossi was beaming ear to ear (and why not?) Marquez and Pedrosa on form.  Bradl & Bautista as happy as Larry...  And best result - Esparagaro (Aleix).  Don't go for the BT option... Subscribe to the MotoGP website.  Hook it up to your TV via HDMI and you get the best of everything. SHAZAAM!

Reply to this Topic
Bolts83

May 12

Bolts83 says:

all to come

With the Ducatis you have to believe that its a new bike with no real set up thats why they are so far off the pace, and cal has only ridden a ducati once. and Ianone and Dovi have a years experience, also the open spec bike Pirro is on will have a race set up from last year. So out of the 4 Dovi should be the worried one.

No surprise the proddy honda is slow, it won't be quick until Honda want it to be quick. they dont want a set ECU so will go out of their way to prove the concept does not work.

As for Yamaha they under estimated the FTR open bike which appears to be quicker than the Sattelite bikes! who would have thought!

apart from the front 6 the rest will be interesting.

As for Casey he won his last championship on a Honda, which marquez won on. so doubt he set it up like the Ducati was.

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Thanks for that shawno

So the HD quality streaming to the big TV is pretty good is it? Can you do that without cables? Google Chromecast maybe?

I'm still on the fence as to which way to go, BT or motogp, 'cause the third option, not getting it, is frankly absurd.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Judas

Depends on your internet connection, i stream to my tv through a HDMI cable but i use a wired internet connection, as opposed to a wireless internet signal. The picture is great though, i have only had it in the off season though so i am yet to see what the multi-screen feature is like. Watching some of the "classic" races on my tv is pretty good though and good quality.

Shawno what did you reckon to Cal's comments? For everyone that hasn't seen it he has said that "we only used two sets of tires all day and never pushed hard for a lap time. we cruised around all day working on corner entry and exit speed." He also added that the corner entries have improved in his opinion which is apparently what they have been working on all winter.

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Cheers Lucky

Food for thought. My internet is all wired, with switches and homeplugs so that should be fine. Speed's pretty good too.

Decisions decisions.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Judas

You just need a HDMI cable - assuming your laptop has a HDMI port?  If not, there are other routes like AV cables (Similar to a camcorder connection) depending on the TV connections also....

I subscribed because I live in the US after leaving Blighty last year so was kinda forced into subscribing as the coverage in the US is shockingly bad.  And when you watch a race like Indy or Laguna they chuck adverts in every 10 minutes (it's absurd).  So I bit tht bullet but was genuinely surprised at how good the coverage and commentators were.  I never watched Terrestial TV in the UK anyway.  To me it was a no brainer.  How much does the average household spend on Sky/ BT / Freeview / whoever else on wireless, internet, cable, Sky Sports, Premier league football.  Night out with the mates? 

80 quid isn't that much (averages a couple of quid per race PLUS all of the additional pre/post race coverage).  Seriously, it's good.  I fyou go for multi pass you can switch cameras yourself between the race.  That's cool....

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Just buy MOTOGP PASS(multiscreen) for 140euro.Here in Greece the speaker  from OTE/TV is for rubbish ! When i go home i'll what i buy.Shawno can i see all the 2 days test or only highlights?

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

glm7354

Only the highlights my friend, no one is broadcasting the full test i'm afraid

Reply to this Topic
glm7354

Mar 13

glm7354 says:

Hayden said ciearly that Honda's power is for the shits. The revense of Kentucky boy?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices