Skip to content

Discuss This First ride – new Honda NC750X First rides & tests

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > First rides & tests > First ride – new Honda NC750X

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

First ride – new Honda NC750X

MCN is in Athens, Greece for the launch of the updated NC700 range and will today be riding the NC750X and the scooter version, the Integra.The full test of both bikes will be in a forthcoming issue of MCN.The three-bike range – NC750X, NC750S and Integra – all now get a larger 745cc version of its parallel-twin engine for 2014...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 205 days ago (04 February 2014 17:07)

Post a message in First rides & tests

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

The NC700 that I ride

as a loan bike, is a great package........nothing complicated easy to ride from the off......Comfy, Economical and Relaxing.......an Ideal runabout. This new bike should be even better........

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Awaited with interest

This could be my next ride. I'm only put off by my local Honda dealer.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Roger

Riding this bike led me to the MT09.......similar concept but........ Worlds apart. Some question its recent Design Award....they wouldn't if they Rode one....... Cracking bike.

Reply to this Topic
SundayRoast

Oct 11

SundayRoast says:

Shame

Shame about the truly Nasty swingarm and skinny front forks. Could there be a more ugly bike in the sector. MT09 aces it in every department. Sad. It could have been so much more. Appears like Honda have hit harder times than we thought.

Reply to this Topic
snave

Aug 02

snave says:

Note to Andy

Downes, lose the beard - you look like a kiddy fiddler.

Meanwhile, the bike: No protection from the front mudguard, no spray protection from the rear wheel, no handguards as standard and passenger looks like they will have to compress their spine to be able to hold the grabrail and have feet on pegs at the same time.

Yeah, marvellous dose of practicality there Honda...

Let's hope it's a wet ride and we can get a shot of the muck and spray so the more experienced riders can experience getting **** thrown at them every time they ride in the rain. 

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Snave

I thought it was "Parr for the Course" Getting Wet and Covered in Sh*t......That's Biking..... (Honda also make cars)

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Small potatoes

Fender extender, fork gaiters, generic handguards and hugger will fix.  Yes, that's mo' monies, but 80mpg is nothing to sneeze at, and that under "tank" storage is a plus.  Not everyone's cup of tepid tea, granted.

Reply to this Topic
petervoros

Nov 08

petervoros says:

I agree about the swinging arm.  They have put a better one on the Integra version so why not the 750X and 750S. 

The MT09 is an awsome machine, a real hooligan, I'd have one if I was younger. So I'll just go with the NC750X DCT for an easy life, where's my pipe and slippers?

Reply to this Topic
markinnormy

Jan 09

markinnormy says:

A good option

I seriously considered the NCX, just on fuel economy alone and it is a good looking well screwed together machine even with the box section swingarm. In the end though I plumped for an bmw f700gs. More power, better brakes, some off road capability, better residuals and similar fuel economy. I have to admit though, it's no looker, more function over form.

By the way, Andy, keep the beard. It makes you look like a 70's Action Man toy. 

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

Funny you should say that

I'm looking at switching from an F650GS, the twin that's recently been rebranded as your F700GS.  Torque is similar. Brakes, even the single disk on the F650GS is limited by the ABS on a dry road. Fuel economy is decent on the Beemer but not a match for the Honda, and as for off-road, I struggled to get it across 6 feet of wet grass with the standard road tyres.

I'll give the Honda a go and see how it matches up.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices