Skip to content

Discuss This Rossi optimistic after first test MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Rossi optimistic after first test

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt & Simon Patterson  says:

Rossi optimistic after first test

Valentino Rossi has finished the first test of 2014 pleased with his pace after ending up second in the timesheets, but the Italian says that there are still problems to fix on his Yamaha. “Today is positive because I did 2.00.4 and I improve from yesterday by close to 0.5s. I stay 0.5s from Marquez and he is very strong and...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 225 days ago (06 February 2014 13:51)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

That depends on who's going to ruin his season Doubter

2010 - a mechanic with the brakes

2011 - a fool in a fright wig.

2012 - more hapless mechanicals with a tyre warmer that wouldn't budge.

2013 - and a kiss of death from young Marquez.

After all his bad breaks / brakes Pedro deserves a decent break (preferably break free) 2014. Never rule out a fit Dani.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Over 10 years at the top and still fast - how many guys in this sport can say that - Not even the great Mick D!

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Sepang 1

Year in and year out,the place sets the trend for season hence especially when the weather plays ball as it has. So there you have it 2014. The Yamaha's battling themselves against Marc. Ducati catching up, yet stubbonly stuck around 1 second adrift off race pace. We have to hope for injury free 'events' to upset the predictable 2014 applecart.

I expect Sepang 2 to be much of the same. So right now, sans a sanctioned tyre war, nothing changes. A Nipponese factory slugfest. And yes Nostro. Dani may well turn out to be the last man standing when the firecrackers go off in Valencia. I harbour no direspect for Alberto Puig, but this divorce was way overdue anyway.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Judas

Had MM not 'caught the back of him' last season then he would have 'strung it together for a year' imo and finally have taken the crown.

But we'll never know.  

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Good show from Rossi.

Yes, it's only Sepang 1 but he still seems committed to the cause.  Credit given where it is due...  

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Prospective irony and Dani

Would it be not the greatest laugh in the history of the sport should Dani enjoy a Nicky Hayden 2006 title.

Except for the fact that actually Nicky won it fair and square,Loris should have, Valentino could have,but Nicky did 'have'. End of.  I'm looking forward to an equally great 'silly season'....probably prior to the Brno traditional announcements.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

15 seasons..

..Rossi has been coming to Sepang, racing & testing in the top class. That's a lot of laps.

Today he went faster than he's ever gone before..faster than Jorge and Dani have ever gone around that track. Only pipped for pace by a marauding Marquez, to whom he slashed the gap.

In any language, that's alien quick..it's clear the old boy still has what it takes to go very fast indeed.

If it carries on like this, he'll have another 2yr contract in his pocket by Mugello.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Wosi

And should he start whining again after 2-3 races, what then bud?

(Good result against Citeeh by the way).

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I totally agree Wosi. My concern though is how close the guys are on times. Rossi is P2 on pace at the moment, which is outstanding, but there is nothing in it with the top ten riders, MM aside that is. Its P2 but basically he is lapping the same speed as a big bunch of them. Come raceday it will come down to who wants it most..

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

I agree Wosi.

I think the 2014 chassis suits him a lot better so he can push more and also it has what it lacked for the past 3 seasons, it seems to respond a lot more to setting changes which would indicate a return to pre-2011 geometry. Not saying he's going to win races, but he will improve position from last year.

Ivebeenthehero: Starts are going to be important, when Lorenzo got it his way he becomes very difficult to pass even so Marquez or Pedrosa are faster on one lap, that's his style, corner speed first etc.

Now if at Honda they can capitalize on their grid position it is going to be tough for the Yamaha guys to keep up with them.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices