Skip to content

Discuss This Honda plan Jorge Lorenzo talks for 2015 MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Honda plan Jorge Lorenzo talks for 2015

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Honda plan Jorge Lorenzo talks for 2015

Honda will approach Jorge Lorenzo about forming a Spanish super team with new MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez in 2015. With all top riders out of contract at the end of this year, speculation on Lorenzo’s 2015 future has kicked off, with the Spaniard already linked with an unlikely Ducati transfer. HRC Vice-President Shuhei Nakamoto is a long-time admirer of Lorenzo, who...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 226 days ago (07 February 2014 08:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ColonelClaw

Nov 12

ColonelClaw says:

I would like to see Lorenzo together with Marquez in any team, Honda, Yamaha, whatever. It would be nice to know for certain who the best rider in the world really is.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

I dont need to see them on the same bike to know Marquez is faster.

I don't think a move to Honda would do Lorenzo much good considering it is almost the opposite to what he likes and that he have been struggling with the style required by the Honda to get 100% of it from day one.

This talk from Honda about him is more commercial and political than realistic...

Reply to this Topic
vmax4steve

Mar 08

vmax4steve says:

He knows that if he rides for HRC there will be no #1 or 2 riders within the team, both will have the same options. That's the reason Rossi left in the first place and that's the way it is now in the Yamaha factory team with Lorenzo a clear #1.

Unlike Rossi though I think Lorenzo has the balls to take on Marquez on the same bike so he just might go for it.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Good chance of it happening.

None of the Factory teams in MotoGP have number one or two riders, unless it's nearing the end of the season and only one is fighting for the Championship. So if that is your thinking as to why Lorenzo would go to Honda vmax4steve, you are wrong. I believe that Lorenzo will only go to Honda if Yamaha cannot keep up with the pace of development Honda have been setting in recent years. If this is the reason he does he does go to Honda, then it really will be a while until another manufacturer begins to fight with Honda. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

Just imagine......

............................if Ducati were to come out with an absolute belter of a bike and a salary to match? Hmmmmmm. 

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Very reluctant

George's roots and connections and history with history. Kenny's boot camp, Wayne Rainey. Nah!  As long as he sees off Marc early season, let's say, is ahead in the points standings post Catalunya 2014, he will probably sign a further two year stint with Yamaha.

Therein lies a spiderweb. Fool the bloke into believing he has the best kit on the block to re-sign. Once committed to the ailng, overheating, gas guzzling transverse 4 , it does a Ben Spies post Brno, whilst the L-4's of HRC and an ever more competent Ducati lay waste to Yamaha. Recycle : Dovi blasts past George on the straight on the Ducati as George did likewise in 250 on the Aprilia vs Honda back then. All Dovi could do was to hang onto that Yasuni 2 stroke tailpipe. I loved that rear facing camera footage back then.

Hell, Gigi and Dovi are in the same camp right now. The irony.

Reply to this Topic
Firebird3

Nov 11

Firebird3 says:

While it may be good to see MM and JL on the same bike, I'm just wondering how JL will get on with the Honda. MM has proved that it likes the 'slide out' on corners approach, something that JL doesn't aspire to. The move will only happen if Yamaha lags behind the Honda too much and JL will be forced into it. Although the way Rossi was riding, it appears there isn't too much wrong with the Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
TheApexTwin

Feb 14

TheApexTwin says:

Interesting for Dani, this one.

If he manages to demonstrate that the RCV is superior to the M1 by outperforming Lorenzo where power is the swing factor in a race, he'll do a good job of convincing Lorenzo that the Repsol is the only seat worth having.

Unfortunately, I just don't see him having the nerve to beat Marquez in a scrap, so he'll probably end up second at best. In which case, if Lorenzo starts looking at the Honda enviously, HRC may find an application in the post and Pedrosa will have effectively done himself out of a job. Poor lad.

Reply to this Topic
shawno76

Aug 10

shawno76 says:

Pacey....

Playing the hypothetical Ducati game (albeit without early race results of Cal & Dovi)...  if Jorge was somehow tempted by a mega pay day - who would be his team mate? ;-)

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

Lots of seats coming up at the end of the year - lots of big wages to tempt the best riders - you'd have to give Casey Stoner a call.  

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices