Skip to content

Discuss This Is it too late for Valentino Rossi? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Is it too late for Valentino Rossi?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Is it too late for Valentino Rossi?

After three days of testing at Sepang Valentino Rossi managed to finish second fastest. The nine time champion says he’s changed his riding style to suit the new bike, but after an unimpressive 2013 season, is it too little too late for the Italian?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 208 days ago (07 February 2014 10:31)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

So, Rossi for the title the Wosi'sbitch, put your money where your oh so large mouth is.

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Sob..grunt.

Stoners quitting with a face like a slapped arse still hurting CH987..?

Put all our pocket-money towards a subscription of Boonie Back-Packing and Mojo Finder Monthly have we?

Thanks for the tip loser, but ol wosi secured a nice little each-way price BEFORE Rossi blew his team mate away on all 3 days at the test, and the bookies - who are obviously and unsurprisingly a little bit smarter than you - slashed Valentino's odds.

Money in the bank kiddo..drinks are on me November.

Just a shandy for you though CH - and I don't mean the type of shandy you usually knock out over that Stoner poster under your pillow either..you grubby little oik.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
yzrm1

Jan 11

yzrm1 says:

is it to late

for dani? dani in 2014 had another unimpressive year. with no fighting against jorge or marq! will this year be the same? the test seems not to good for dani.

its not to late for rossi, with impressive times. dani should be realy worried this year.

Reply to this Topic
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

rossi

I dont think anyone can doubt the mans drive, he's 34 nothing to prove and I dont think he needs the money. The only thing against rossi is his age 34 with a few injuries along the way slows a man down. I was never a massive fan during the biaggi, gibernau days and the antics but I admire his stoic attitude these days and I do think he can pull a few wins out of the bag this year and go out on a high. I just cant see him beating marquez at all, he's the next doohan/rossi imo

Reply to this Topic
Jl46

Feb 12

Jl46 says:

Too early really, testing means f*** all. Dont know what their strategies were, his fastest lap of sepang ever is a good sign. Ask again 3 or 4 races in. Looking positive though.

Reply to this Topic
eddl

Dec 10

eddl says:

I could beat marquez so why cant rossi ?

Reply to this Topic
kl595

Nov 03

kl595 says:

I wouldn't bet against him. Yep, there are some faster guys out there last season using better technology and pushing it to the limits but Rossi has unquestionable ability to ride a bike. 34 is old? The man is still young and probably stronger than the younger riders and if he's got the determination, he'll be up there at the front. Will he win the title? Probably not because there are others willing to take more risks but if the risk takers fail, he'll be there.

Reply to this Topic
CH987

May 09

CH987 says:

One fast lap a season does not make...

1'59.727" Rossi's only lap under 2'00.000"    On day 3 Rossi did 55 laps. 39 of those were fast laps. Of those 31 were 2'01.000" plus, with only 6 laps sub 2'01.000". When you compare that with Lorenzo, he also completed 39 fast laps.23 laps were 2'01.000" plus but he managed 16 laps sub 2'01.000". So it looks like Lorenzo still has the edge there.  Marquez completed 30 fast laps on friday. Of those 8 were 2.01,000" plus with 22 laps under 2'.01,000". In fact Marquez did a run of 19 laps all but 2 under the 2'01 mark. Something nobody else came near to. If you look at lap times rather than one fast lap, Rossi is closer to the Espargaro brothers, Bradl and Dovi  than he is to Marquez.

Reply to this Topic
Judas13

Jan 14

Judas13 says:

Clown

Rossi closer to Dovi? :-D It's good to start the day with a good old belly laugh. Cheers CH987!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Analysis..

Having done the homework CH987, you'll also be aware that MM ran those laps in a cooler part of the day.

Rossi completed his simulation mid-session in the heat, when the race will take place.

Lorenzo chose to abandon his attempt rather than hot conditions make his times look bad.

Marquez set a new lap record in the race last year. 11/15 times during his long run, Valentino dipped under that mark.

He found improvements with the bike, went faster than ever before, started working with a new crew-chief and had a very respectable first test of the year.

Nobody is saying Rossi will win the title, but Sepang proved he still has the pace..fastest Yamaha on all three days and closing down the gap to Marquez, who wasn't hanging about himself. 

There's a few here predicted Rossi was washed up and would like nothing better than to see him fail.

Early days is right..but it ain't looking promising for your gang.  

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices