Skip to content

YAMAHA Yamaha MT-07 launch today MT-07

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > MT-07 > Yamaha MT-07 launch today

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Michael Neeves  says:

Yamaha MT-07 launch today

MCN Senior Road Tester Michael Neeves is at the launch of the new Yamaha MT-07 in Lanzarote today. Priced at just £5199 when it goes on sale in dealers later this month, the new Yamaha has a 74bhp 689cc parallel twin-cylinder engine and weighs just 179kg, making it attractive for new and experienced riders alike. Its closest rivals will be sub-£7k...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 222 days ago (10 February 2014 09:21)

Post a message in MT-07

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Troll attack ?

Dear oh dear....... flydnb or whatever you call yourself, read back what you have written in your latest commentary and i think you will find YOU sound quite embittered, harsh and a little on the tyrannical side.

I never mentioned anything about hating kids drooling over these bikes, merely being tongue in cheek.

And where does it state in the literature for these two bikes that anyone over the age of 30-40 shouldn't ride them as they're aimed at the younger audience?

I haven't read one report where it states these bikes were produced for a certain niche in the market ?

If you don't care for my sentiments toward these two machines, then skip on by, without critics, mistakes would go unhindered. The SPD TRIP, is again one's own personal taste, fair do's.

Snev....... I didn't say the MT-09 was ' thrown together', i said the 07 looked like it had been thrown together to complete the numbers. Do get it right.

Besides, this is getting just a little bit out of hand wouldn't you say, for what is after all a forum for people to air their own particular views without being subjected to anger and abuse. I'm sure there are bikes, etc you in particular are not too keen on and have aired your own unfavourable opinions?

Both bikes are not attractive to me, i have made my comment, end of, but that's what we call a difference of opinion and why we see so many different bikes on the roads.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Ahhh

that old chestnut.............. Yes Stressed I Have Added my Comments regarding certain bikes over the Years...............For Example when a fellow member stated....."I test rode 22 other bikes ...before I bought the ....DN01"............... It still makes me Laugh............ I dared to question that the Burgman 650...was "The Perfect Bike for Commuting........... and ........Why don't MCN test new Bikes in this Country...on Wet roads.........oh and I never display..."Anger or Abuse".......... oh and....my Profile is public....with lots of nice pics to back up my Passion for riding.................. I'm still waiting for a list of Good looking bikes Too.....I also own a VFR400 nc30, have owned an FJ1200, RG250 , Gsxr750....which are all on your list...........All of which are Great to ride but not probably on everyones list of ..."Good Looking " bikes.

Reply to this Topic
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

To be honest, after reading all these commets, I think everyone is right coz we all have our own viewpoints, as in 'one mans meat is another man's poison'. Lets all agree to disagree and live and let live coz its getting a bit catty on here. We are all bikers, no matter what we ride. There, has that cleared it up?

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

Wurzel

Tried the NC700 as well,seriously unimpressed,glad to get back on the DN afterwards. that was number 24.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Wurzel...?

I'm from....Scotland..............Doh!

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

still waiting ...........

For your Lists chaps................. Domster can you name the other 23 ?.....

Reply to this Topic
Neevesy

Mar 05

Neevesy says:

Snev

Hi Snev,

I'm doing an MT-09 related test in a couple of weeks. Would you like to come on it?

You'll get to ride a variety of different bikes and it won't cost you anything. 

If you're interested, contact me: michael.neeves@motorcyclenews.com

Cheers

Neevesy, MCN

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Thanks for the invite

I'd Love to..... will email you a little later.......... Is it somewhere nice and hot?

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Snev.... Looks like you've hit the jackpot m8, never know where this could lead to ey...?

I always remember what the late Steve Hislop said when i met him at a book signing, if you speak your mind, as in this case about the MT07/09 , then you are anathema.

Maybe Snev, you're what the motorcycling industry needs, someone who will extol when asked and keep schtum when required.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

stressed

In my opinion...there is no such thing as the Perfect Bike..... What is important is how it makes you feel..... trouble is unless you rode one of these Yamahas you wouldn't know how they make you feel....... Looks are subjective but only part of the overall picture. I didn't buy my MT09 for its looks, (nor any of my other bikes come to that,) it was more because of  Function of Design and something called Fun....... the fact that it costs so little is also a factor.

In the Recent MCN test the MT09 was not top of the list....I can understand why because it has  a number of areas of concern when compared to the other bikes in the test. MCN testers have an enviable life in many ways, they get to test Lots of lovely new bikes in lots of Lovely Countries.....most of us take a few bikes out for a test ride and make our decision based on a few miles in the saddle. I have enjoyed riding mine so much that my Hayabusa has remained wrapped up in the garage since I got it...........I am more than happy to "Extol" the virtues of this bike........... and the MT07...based on what I have read so far........As SatNav said.... We are all entitled to our opinions....but mine is based upon experience gained from ownership.

Still waiting for those lists chaps.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices