Got something to say?

Got something to say?

Go to most recent reply

P3ZZA

Feb 14

P3ZZA says:

ER-5 Headlight Problem

Hi Expert,

I currently own a 53 Plate Kawasaki ER-5, and basically the headlight has stopped working mysteriously, the filaments are intact I have tried another bulb, I have checked and swapped the headlight fuse, I have pushed all the wires toghether just incase one was loose and still nothing although the sidelight does work it is still dangerous for me to commute in the evening/night when I need it the most.
PLEASE HELP,
Many Thanks,
Nathan Perry
P.S, Please put as simple as can be I am still not too bike savvy. :smile

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 220 days ago (10 February 2014 15:03)

Post a message in Technical

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jaffa90

Mar 09

jaffa90 says:

relay

Welcome Nathan, sounds like your headlight relay switch/ connections need checking, this is a heavy duty switch operated by the handle bar switch.  

Reply to this Topic
P3ZZA

Feb 14

P3ZZA says:

Thank You !

I took it to the garage as I don't have the equipment or the know how it turns out it was a broken wire in the Lume of the bike (No Idea what it it) but yeah got it fixed for £35, as mine has all sorts of relays etc, later that day it struggled to start so swtiched it off and tried again 3rd time it didnt start, so i tried bumping it it worked bu then cut out so i rang the garage and they sent out 2 mechanics to help me out as I found out a wire was not connected under the seat so I reconnected it and still nothing the come out checked it over and said its either your windings or regulator so again back to the garage it went , it was the regulator got that fixed for another £77 :-/, then got it home checked it over and the flash switch wasnt working I looked for loose wires and took apart the casing and nothing so again phoned them up (quite pissed off by this time) saying it wasnt working so next morning back down to get it fixed, they said the switched just needed cleaning but yet when I looked before it was clean no dirt what so ever so I think the mechanic forgot to reconnect a wire, but 2 weeks later and a lot of money gone Its all back to normal thanks for your help anyways. :smile

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices