Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner unlikely to take up HRC test role again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner unlikely to take up HRC test role again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner unlikely to take up HRC test role again

Double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner is looking increasingly unlikely to continue as test and development rider for Honda in 2014. HRC had intended to keep the Australian developing its factory RC213V throughout 2014 after he made numerous testing appearances in Japan at the end of last season. Stoner, who retired from MotoGP at the end of 2012, is taking a complete...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 164 days ago (13 February 2014 12:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Bulto

I agree with you, i think HRC will be doing everything it can to catch up. Aleix is extremely fast on that bike, and i agree with you again that he is the difference at the minute. We will have to see how the season pans out before we know which one will be better in the open class!

Christ, the open class is already more interesting than CRT!

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Insight..?

mmm yes..thanks for that Bulto. Although I swear your rimming partner Nostril said exactly the same thing recently.

Let's see..

Stoner rejected the 2013 chassis that cured Pedrosa's chatter and sent him on a winning spree, the like of which we have NEVER seen before or since. Nakamoto is on record blaming this decision for him crashing at Indy and ruining chances of backing up a title. He took Ducati from winners to losers. Everybody knows he rode around problems rather than try to fix them. He had fk all to do with anything on Marquez' bike.

Why would Honda get Stoner to test the bike with their proprietary full bollocks electronics package, when the bike was built NOT to use it?

Espargaro ran spec electronics and the open M1 was fine. HRC have had over a year to sort their shit out.

Alexi is nothing special..never has been. Edwards is just old and slow.

Nakamoto told lies to sell his bikes..either that or Stoner was just plain dog-slow on the factory prototype. If he was fast, they would have released times.

Reply to this Topic
motoking

Jul 11

motoking says:

SUZUKI

he'll take suzuki opportunity in 2015. :)

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Wosi.

They (Stoner and Pedrosa) have well distinct different style don't they? Plus didn't Pedrosa won more gp than Lorenzo in 2012?

I'm not sure (unfortunately) that Pedrosa is the best reference there is to compare, as for Nakamoto, he might have played technico-commercial, this is couldn't tell.

ps you know that i am interested in your opinion as much as many here but sometimes you are hard to read i admit, is there something you know about it that might bring a different Pov/insight?

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Espagaro..

..was essentially on Cal's bike from last year, with a very sticky tyre and 24 litres of fuel. Let's wait and see what happens when they stick the FTR chassis in and Honda have had the time to tweek the bike from the data at Sepang 1..

Wosi, you just can't leave Casey alone can you? He's gone pal, dry your eyes, pull up your tights and let it go..

Sad old F*cker...

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Forward..

..haven't paid their bills and as things stand will be getting SFA from FTR.

You're right about drying my eyes though mate..got any remedies for urinary incontinence laughing at soppy Stoner fans?

No orange pants mind.. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

I can't get into this fan war thing.

I don't really care what people say about one pilot, when Roberts first came to Europe, everyone was into Barry Sheene big time and though of Roberts as a posh idiot because he was camera shy and didn't answer too many interviews, neither did he smile that much, oh yeah, the "Yellow dwarf" they called him.

Is this a populatiry contest? From my PoV no, it's a racing competition, so why don't we just look at what make them fast instead of the rest? I frankly can't understand this...

Anyway, i have expressed my opnion on Stoner driving and i stick to it, now you all are free can debate his personality as much as you want but i'd rather read on bike riding and technical stuff, no?

Reply to this Topic
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

Came for the comments...

As ever they didn't dissapoint!

I wonder if half of you lot would dare to say even half of what you write about each other on here in person. :D

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Heh Heh

Really, why should he bother either way ? L4 Honda, L4 Ducati  Enjoy the fishing !!! Gone are the inglorious days of old and the dream team that was Preziosi's brainchild, Suppo's managerial skills, Gabarini's 'here and now'  accumen on any weekend and of course, Tardozzi's calling a spade,a spade, Stoner;s unbelievable tallent. Well at least 1/3rd of the 2007 dream team are back.

Just to clarify. Tardozzi was not in those days involved with the Ducati MGP effort. He was running the SBK effort, but allways kept a close eye on MGP issues

The greatest replacement for Stoner was Marquez , unquestionably. Similar in more ways than one. A 'bumpless transfer' of rider,one could say. Dare I say it ? Sure! Given the pathetic kit Marquez had at his diposal in his junior days,I reckon he could go to Ducati and wring its bloody neck like Stoner did.

Hey George ? Are you up for the big offer sans Yasini/Aprilia . Sure as hell Marc will take a shot at it

For Christ's sake bring back the tyre war as a matter of urgency. My bloody Valentine.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

DeGrasse

It always boils down to a popularity contest bud.

Herd Mentality v Free Thinkers i guess.

And 'Veritas', i would all day long bud. I've no problem with that..................................But it would have been painful dropping my draws with 'Wosis' Doc Martens looming a while ago!     

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices