Skip to content

Discuss This Casey Stoner unlikely to take up HRC test role again MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Casey Stoner unlikely to take up HRC test role again

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Casey Stoner unlikely to take up HRC test role again

Double MotoGP world champion Casey Stoner is looking increasingly unlikely to continue as test and development rider for Honda in 2014. HRC had intended to keep the Australian developing its factory RC213V throughout 2014 after he made numerous testing appearances in Japan at the end of last season. Stoner, who retired from MotoGP at the end of 2012, is taking a complete...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 214 days ago (13 February 2014 12:35)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Druids

Yeah, perhaps he can say thank you to Rossi and Burgess for sorting out his bike from the start of 2013.

In any case it doesn't make him as good as those i quoted on the gas, Marquez scored 11 fastest laps and 9 poles in his first season and HE is the one Roberts quoted for his ability to slide the bike when he wants.

I tought i refered you to your mum for attention boy? Bye bye now.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

I did

The Aprilia RS250 is an example that springs readily to mind and followed by all other 250s, 125s, 400s, 600s and the mighty ZXR750 to name just a few.

I'm not really sure of your point or where you might be going with it but then I suspect neither are you.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

jamieg999

I know exactly where i am going thanks but your reply doesn't seem to be clear in its direction... Refering to a chassis that is at the same time stable and easy to turn on the brakes?

Right, if it was so easy Yamaha wouldn't have so much troubles doing it, and it seems to me that you are jumping the gun here, chassis geometry and suspension design even today makes it (from a mechanical PoV) all but impossible to obtain this. 

It's either you optimize for corner speed or the opposite or you get a compromise (in which case it is not "stable" but "relatively stable"). Even Honda can't do it so your idea of what "stability" is is not really the same as mine now if you managed to get the YZF1000 to turn on the brakes please tell me how you managed without changing its chassis geometry (swing arms are available in the UK) and loosing in another area.

PaceyCasey. For Yamaha he did more than any other manager before him, there are numerous sources to prove that, one thing for ex; he was so pushy, his engineers finished by cuting and welding the Yamaha chassis to put the exentric he was revving about all the time (swing arm from his dirt track times).

Otherwise said the introduced this setting capability to the 500 cc category, never was afraid to brake rules and when he couldn't do it (factory rules) the chassis would be crap (1992).

If you refer to his Proton team, he tried and got a few good results which is more than a factory like Ducati is doing today all things relative (to budget).

I don't see where you get this impression that his teams were crap, he challenged for the title with Mamola and Rainey vs Marlboro Yamaha, won them 3 500 cc titles and developed their bike like no one else did before him. What exactly is crappy about that?

ps i do not intend to give you any lesson but from what you said i truly thought you were not properly informed.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

Roberts quoting Marquez doesn't make Lorenzo a joke

is what you fail to understand. Plenty of people already asked you to prove when, where Roberts did really criticize Lorenzo but you failed again to show a single quote. All you've been giving are twisted facts and insults.

As PaceyCasey already said, Roberts doesn't have innate knowledge, guy's has been wrong plenty of times already, especially when he tried to beat the Japs at their own game. 

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

DeGrasse

MANAGING a team with full factory backing is one thing (the Yamaha at the time was a fantastic bike along with the riders) but his own team was a complete failure, end of.

Don't get me wrong, i love the bloke. But he's far better in the saddle than he ever was 'directing'.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

PaceyCasey

His own team was running a fully new project. Nothing comparible to a factory team and what he did for the factory team wasn't repeated before decades.

That's the difference and as far as i know he didn't do too bad with the Proton, compared to some factory teams of the time and even now.

You can have your opinion but technically there arent so many guys who knows about bikes as much as Roberts does, of course he is no engineer but he has more insight than most team managers does today.

What Lawson have to say about it.

youtu.be/67232nrD_do

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

How long did the Proton Project last in comparison to Ducatis Project that you've compared them against?

And thanks for the vid bud. Being a 'Lawson Worshipper' i've seen it many times.

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

My idea of stable is quite simple

A bike that goes where it's pointed, stays where it's pointed and responds positively to input.

Reply to this Topic
vtwinmark

Aug 10

vtwinmark says:

DeGassbag

Your comment the  Yamaha at the time was a fantastic bike, is if my memory seves me correctly, utter bollox.....

Didn't the Marlbro Team Roberts have untold chassis problems at one stage, even ditching the factory one and using a French built ROC one to try to get them out of the ****???

Reply to this Topic
jamieg999

Jul 08

jamieg999 says:

As for turning a Chunderace on the brakes

Hasn't it occurred to you that the bike, like the Exup before it, was never really going to do that, too long, too big and too heavy. The YZF thou' was an attempt at making a FireBlade beating sports bike that turned out to be hopeless at it, like the ZX-9, but instead became a great sports tourer.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices