Skip to content

YAMAHA Yamaha reveals new YZF-R125 at Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show YZF-R125

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > YZF-R125 > Yamaha reveals new YZF-R125 at Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Yamaha reveals new YZF-R125 at Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show

Yamaha has revealed for the first time an updated 2014 version of the big-selling YZF-R125 at the Carole Nash MCN London Motorcycle Show at Excel in London this morning. The new bike replaces Britain’s best-selling supersport 125 model gets new styling, new upside down forks, radially mounted front brake caliper, a full digital dash and new lightweight wheels. The overhaul is aimed...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 215 days ago (14 February 2014 12:23)

Post a message in YZF-R125

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Stunning

Oh to be 17 again.............. now lets see some more Great bikes from Yamaha.

Reply to this Topic
JustBe

May 09

JustBe says:

moo

Who would spend so much money on this? Just get an old 2 stroke RS 125, way better than this 4 stroke crap. Then take you test and jump on a cheap 600cc, get bored of that and get on a nice 1000cc, by then you'll have learnt not to crash. So quickly do you get bored of the speed, you'll constantly want something faster.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Fantasy fun for teens...

Trouble is, insurance.......

I was talking last year to local dealer in N.E. and was asking how the Yamaha Yzf 125 sold, as they sell these amonst other makes.

Anyhow, dealer told me they sold soso as the BIG problem was insurance. One youngster, put a desposit down for the £4k bike and got a shock when shopping about for insurance. I mean 17 years old and £2-4000 premium, for a 125cc machine?

The bike looks a lot better with the new USD forks, RAD CAL brake, wheels and head lights. Still not a patch on the old Aprilia RS 125, now that was a good looking 125.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

125cc for £4000 ish plus ....

Insurance sounds pretty bad though............... MT07 at £5200 ish ......sounds like a Bargain.....plus insurance of course...........

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Mm...

Good try Snev but i still wouldn't buy one...LOL.:lol:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

stressed.......

I would like to  invite you to join the ..........MCN Forum......tiz up To you, but I reckon you'd fit in well............ Go to the Forum section and say hello............... We are a strange lot..............

Reply to this Topic
Nelson955

Jan 03

Nelson955 says:

Moo, if you take your test on a 125 all you will get is a full licence to ride a 125.

Reply to this Topic
goldengloves

Sep 12

goldengloves says:

Any sign of a 250 - 400cc sports bike from Yamaha?

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

JustBe

Since you are so much more talented than the rest of us, I suggest you start off with a Honda RCV1000R so you do not get bored too fast.  Right now Honda is blowing them out at €1,200,000.00.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

RS125....

While the oft praised RS was much faster than any four stroke 125, lets not forget that for your unrestricted 100mph+ performance, they were unreliable as hell. As a first bike the R125/CBR125/Duke125 style bikes are a much better bet, also remember that the two stroke RS125 was a fortune when new compared to the early CBR125 style bikes.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices