Skip to content

Discuss This Lotus motorcycle officially revealed New bikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > New bikes > Lotus motorcycle officially revealed

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Andy Downes  says:

Lotus motorcycle officially revealed

As exclusively revealed by MCN more than five weeks ago, Lotus has taken the covers off the new motorcycle it will produce as a road bike and go on sale within months. MCN got hold of leaked images over a month ago and revealed the plans for a road-legal motorcycle were way ahead of where many expected. The German-owned company Kodewa...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 195 days ago (20 February 2014 11:25)

Post a message in New bikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
SatNavSteve

Sep 10

SatNavSteve says:

Absolutely awful!!!!

The ugliest bike I've seen since the Morbidelli V8! Just a point but where do you fill it up? Clearly not designed to be ridden on anything but bone dry roads with that back wheel arrangement. In fact, probably not designed to be ridden at all. Just for the 'Jay Leno's' of this world who can afford one and stick it in your collection. I'd be mad if I won one in a raffle!!! Look forward to a road test to read what its like, especially compared to other bikes.

Reply to this Topic
Rowdygimly

Jan 09

Rowdygimly says:

Superbike?

How can they still call this a superbike? Its a V-twin cafe racer no more no less and when MCN get a test ride it,ll be the best handling motorcycle ever!

Reply to this Topic
yaki

Apr 13

yaki says:

The air flow at speed would make it impossible to keep your knees in who ever designed this has clearly never riden a bike and  Lotus are making themselfs look like twats.

Reply to this Topic
SHIVA_

May 08

SHIVA_ says:

Good Luck to Kodewa

Good to see more players entering our sport.

Although these bikes are basically the Euro version of what we call custom bikes or choppers in the US.  Not that the style of riding is the same (just to stop someone from trying to correct me) but the concept.  I would assume they are going to be priced at about US$50K.

I would also envision them popping up in motorcycle concours events.  They are basically show bikes.

Good luck, S

RacingShiva.com

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

I think its an interesting project, but...

...they've gotta stop calling it a superbike. High performance cruiser, or maybe a custom/cafe racer. But not a superbike.

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

Is this really a Lotus

I kind of like it... but more as a take on a custom than a superbike.

But hardly a Lotus.

"The C-01 motorcycle is not designed, engineered or produced by Group Lotus plc''

Seems anyone can get a licence and slap a name on the tank.

Shame that all that heritage is being pawned off in the pursuit of what, i don't know...money probably

Does sound like it will be an interesting ride but seems more of a KTM/Kodewa/Simon collaboration than anything to do with Lotus. Sure there will be plenty of fools that fall for it.

Good luck to them but i would not buy it for any amount of money. Rather buy an RC8 and with the change buy a genuine Lotus car.

Reply to this Topic
Sheene Fan7

Mar 03

Sheene Fan7 says:

will believe it when I see it

its just a concept bike on a computer screen

Reply to this Topic
daveb

Aug 02

daveb says:

Good grief. What a bunch of moaning dullards we are. Can't we celebrate exciting difference? Does everything have accomodate panniers and a fat wife in ill-fitting leather trousers? 

Frankly I couldn't give a stuff it it handles like a wonky shopping trolley with two bags of dog **** swinging form the bars - it looks brilliant.

For shame, my friends, for shame.

Reply to this Topic
evilamnesiac

Oct 05

evilamnesiac says:

Daveb,

Couldn't agree more, its certainly different, and the KTM engine is a peach, with 200 bhp it should leave the Diavals of this world for dust.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Rad!

I'd love to have one if it had been electric-powered...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices