Skip to content

Discuss This Breaking news: Marquez breaks leg MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Breaking news: Marquez breaks leg

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Breaking news: Marquez breaks leg

MotoGP world champion Marc Marquez has suffered a broken fibula in a training crash just weeks before the start of the 2014 season. The 21 year old was flat tracking in in Lleida, west of Barcelona, yesterday afternoon, when he suffered the spiral fracture of the distal third of his right fibula. He was immediately rushed to the renowned Universitario Quirón...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 163 days ago (20 February 2014 11:48)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Danipadork

And to top it.   There is a strong rumor going round that dani has had surgery to enable him to smile. 

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Not contrite enough?

Okay, maybe next time we're on the podium I'll bring a chair up for him then sit on it myself. Oh wait, that's only funny if Rossi does it right?

No? f*ck!ng nob.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

When did we start a season

without one of the aliens being injured ?    Kind of underlines my concerns (I was shouted down) about off-season dirt tracking.    If he lost his championship through being unfit at the early rounds - as a manager I would not be happy!      A less risky form of training would be preferable ..... IMHO!!!

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

saturn392

It's still because he does dirt tracking for decades that he is so fast, what do you want the managers to do?

Freeze them on ice for 4 month? Anyone of them can get injured during the inter season, in thousand different ways, riding a bicycle or being rolled over by a bus, you name it, it's life and to Marquez dirt tracking is part of his.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

DeG

I know - that's been said before but it could potentially ruin his season .. and ours.   As a manager I would prefer to see my rider Cycling, running, swimming and in the gym  then start the season fit.    That's just my opinion I know that most don't share it.

Reply to this Topic
Lavoc

Feb 14

Lavoc says:

First race

What a shame for him! how do you think this is going to affect him in the first race? 

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Well Marc being Marc

probably not a lot - however it's only 4 weeks to the first race so hope he heals quick.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Cycling Saturn

Remember what that did to Mark Webber a few years ago  -  ended up with a broken leg which was pinned and he missed pre-season testing. Nasty things, pedal bikes.

True what you say though, these Motogp boys seem to do themselves more harm on what Wosi calls soft little dirt bikes than they do on their GP bikes... As for training, I'm not sure what real use gym work is. Bike fit is what matters more than anything. One of my mates was always in the gym and physically very fit but it didn't help him much in offroad events and he was always scrap, physically, afterwards, worse than the rest of us who rode our bikes more often and wouldn't know what the inside of a gym looked like. I've also witnessed an enduro world champion have to be dragged out of bed still half pissed in a morning and go on to win the event - and he'd never been in a gym in his life, just always on the bike.

Luckily for MM, this doesn't appear to be too serious and it probably won't hamper him to any extent for the first race.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Less likely on a pedal bike Bulto

and as for gym work - ask the Lowes boys, Bradley Smith and Scott Redding - all have rigorous gym training routines.    Talent of course is the biggest factor and in the case of your gym training mate - although I don't know him he was probably crap on the bike because he didn't have the talent.

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

I think they ALL practice motocross/dirt-track during the off-season

For obvious reasons & like stated previously, it's also the best way to stay in "motorcycling' shape

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices