Skip to content

YAMAHA Yamaha MT-07: What do you think? MT-07

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > MT-07 > Yamaha MT-07: What do you think?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha MT-07: What do you think?

MCN's world first test of the MT-07 revealed that the new Yamaha is an incredibly inciting, vibrant and fun bike to ride. And at £5200, it's also stunning value for money. What do you think?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 160 days ago (20 February 2014 18:00)

Post a message in MT-07

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondagixer

Aug 02

hondagixer says:

its this or

im still looking at buying a ducati 696 or the mt-07.

really do like the duke but at 5200 the mt will do the job everyday of the week. i may wait a little and see what all the others do with prices but that yamaha maybe the bike a lot of people have been waiting for.

Reply to this Topic
Rogerborg

Sep 09

Rogerborg says:

I think

Kawasaki and Suzuki salesmen must be crying themselves to sleep.  Triumph won't be overjoyed either, Honda can probably shrug it off.

If I were in the market for a new naked bike, you'd have to give me some pretty compelling reasons to look anywhere else.

Reply to this Topic
offordc

Nov 05

offordc says:

Certainly Worth A Look

I'm not currently looking for another bike but the MT-07 will certainly get a damned good looking at when i am, especially if by then it has a small fairing like the old Foxeye Fazer.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

MT-07 fair or ugly?

Apart from V.F.M and perhaps the ride /engine for me the looks just aren't quite right.

I was looking on the Yamaha design cafe part of their web site and saw an early design sketch of the MT-07, what a difference, wow!

There was also a design of the bike with a bigger looking swingarm what a difference.

The final product always ends up watered down...

Reply to this Topic
Frankiesbike

Feb 14

Frankiesbike says:

not fair of face

good value yes but good looking no - agree with stressed1 that just can look at it with loving eyes

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

But...what is Good Looking?

We all have our own Ideas of..."Good Looking".....Personally I don't find this bike....... "Stunning" but on the other hand it ain't Ugly......fairings make a huge difference to a bikes Looks but Naked bikes like this will always be a jumble of Bits.... so ......what is Good Looking?

Reply to this Topic
madproffesor

May 04

madproffesor says:

This is a great price compared to the thirty year old design of the SR400 which is the same price. Yamaha surely have over priced the SR400, a better ride to work commuter choice, with bags more style.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

naked

i prefer naked bikes like this over faired bikes, in my opinion the beauty is in seeing all the engineering in front of you, and i like the simplicity and lack of visual bulk.

Reply to this Topic
flydnb

Oct 12

flydnb says:

naked

i prefer naked bikes like this over faired bikes, in my opinion the beauty is in seeing all the engineering in front of you, and i like the simplicity and lack of visual bulk.

Reply to this Topic
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

Hi flydnb...

Just fited an Arrow full system and DNA filter...with a PCV and Dyino run booked for a couple of weeks time....Have you fiddled with your 09 yet...?

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices