Skip to content

YAMAHA Yamaha MT-07: What do you think? MT-07

You are in... Forums > YAMAHA > MT-07 > Yamaha MT-07: What do you think?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Yamaha MT-07: What do you think?

MCN's world first test of the MT-07 revealed that the new Yamaha is an incredibly inciting, vibrant and fun bike to ride. And at £5200, it's also stunning value for money. What do you think?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 214 days ago (20 February 2014 18:00)

Post a message in MT-07

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
snev

Jan 11

snev says:

oh yes.....

soz......:unsure:

Reply to this Topic
domster

Sep 12

domster says:

If the 09's suspension really is that bad the 07 probably will make the 'Elsie' proud.

Reply to this Topic
Piglet2010

Oct 11

Piglet2010 says:

domster

Fortunately, most cheap motorcycle suspensions can be fixed with a cartridge emulator valve and new proper rate springs for about 500 quid or so.

Reply to this Topic
STRESSED1

Feb 10

STRESSED1 says:

Emulator valve for the brain?

So, piglet2010 says: most cheap m/c suspensions can be corrected for the princely sum of roughly £500.

Mm!

Well then, once you shell out your £5200 for the Yammie MT-07, £6500 for the MT-09 then the £500 or so on top of the price, the value won't be as inviting once you do Yamaha's job for them, and put right the cheap crap suspension, that in the first instance should be correct already !?:blink:

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DazLoczy

Apr 12

DazLoczy says:

Erm...

...it's a budget motorcycle so what sort of suspension do you expect? Personally for a cheap every day commuter used in all weather I wish this came out two years ago because it looks to be more fun and better value than my ER6n. For someone who's been living with cheap suspension day in day out for two years in all weather I can't see what the issue is? If you want expensive gear to use on Sunday scratching then surely you're looking at a second hand Speed Triple for the same price? Personally I think Yamaha are on to a winner with this. 

Reply to this Topic
lexinoo

Feb 14

lexinoo says:

That engine would be nice in an adventure bike,a prettier version of the xt660z tenere with this engine would be great.

Reply to this Topic
Titosfuneral

Feb 12

Titosfuneral says:

@lexinoo

I must admit, I've been waiting to see what they do with these egines in an adventure range myself. 

Reply to this Topic
Frenz

Feb 14

Frenz says:

The MT-07 seesm like a great platform to build a new midsize (offroad oriented) allroad.

Lightweigt, enough bottompower, low fuel consumption, low price.

Something a bit like a combination of the old Supertenere and the Tiger800.

Reply to this Topic
Frenz

Feb 14

Frenz says:

The MT-07 seesm like a great platform to build a new midsize (offroad oriented) allroad.

Lightweigt, enough bottompower, low fuel consumption, low price.

Something a bit like a combination of the old Supertenere and the Tiger800.

Reply to this Topic
comfysofa

Apr 13

comfysofa says:

Not sure....

Not sure - jury is out for me - looks great value for the money, but on the other hand like the MT-09 its not the best looker (my own personal opinion)

Sat on an MT-09 at the bike shop and again - cant put my finger on it but i dont like the look. It'd be nice to see one tricked up with a pipe, tail tidy etc etc...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices