Skip to content

Discuss This WSB Australia: Guintoli takes race two as Laverty challenge ended by mechanical World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > WSB Australia: Guintoli takes race two as Laverty challenge ended by mechanical

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

WSB Australia: Guintoli takes race two as Laverty challenge ended by mechanical

Sylvain Guintoli has won his first World Superbike race in exactly a year, after red flags brought a premature end to Eugene Laverty’s hopes of a double victory. Guintoli was part of a four way battle for the victory alongside Laverty, Tom Sykes and Loris Baz when the Northern Irishman’s engine dramatically let go, bringing out the red flags with seven...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 275 days ago (23 February 2014 04:40)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
huggydave

Aug 12

huggydave says:

Good to see which ever bike there on there in with a shout of winning races, aprilias, ducatis, kawasakis, suzukis all running at the front,Hondas won't be far away either,   going to be plenty of names on the winners list this year, to close to call the championship, I see no one running away with it though, well done Eugine, showed Aprilia abit of what there missing this year too, bet he'll of loved that! 

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Unlucky Laverty

I was gutted for Laverty, he looked very strong in both races. I think he would have done the double if it wasn't for the engine failure! I think this could be Laverty's year, as long as the Suzuki doesn't make a habbit of breaking. 

Glad to see a good mix of manufacturers at the front though, going to make for some very good racing this year!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Mixed Fortunes

What a bag of mixed fortunes that was - I wonder if the Suzuki is at the height of it's development and is a bit fragile.    Guintoli continues with his consistency and consistency can win titles.    Excellent performance from Baz.

It's shaping up to be a corker.

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

x cell ant

brilliant week end,if only motocrappppeeee could be as good,WSB, 2 races per  meeting,keep it up,

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Jewels

MotoGP has 3 races every meeting, 4 when there is a rookies cup race as well.

Just a point mate.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Due to the rules Laverty's championship is over each engine had got to do 3 meetings or 6 races his remaining 7 engines now have another 5 races to cover,Suzuki have been turning the wick up on their motors while the others have been turning theirs down.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Sorry 4 races

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Over?

I wouldn't say it was over, as long as another engine doesn't blow up he should be okay. I am sure all factories have plans in place for situations like this.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

To get back on schedule his next engine will have to do 10 race's without going bang.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

So disappointing

It was such a good race with all the top guys battling in one big group: Guintoli, Baz, Rea, Laverty, Giugliano, Melandri, Davies, Sykes and Haslam. Such a shame Lowes lost his head in both races, he definitely had the pace to be up there. But the big disappointment was the race ending prematurely, especially when it was lining up to be a great finish. Finally a major world championship has a big bunch of riders and manufacturers all capable of winning races. Can't wait until the next round... but until then, we still have the first round of MotoGP to enjoy.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices