Skip to content

Discuss This Ex-Ducati boss understands Open class appeal MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ex-Ducati boss understands Open class appeal

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Ex-Ducati boss understands Open class appeal

Former factory Ducati boss Livio Suppo says he fully understands why the Bologna factory is seriously considering entering this year’s MotoGP world championship in the new Open class. It has been widely expected for weeks now that Ducati will enter Cal Crutchlow and Andrea Dovizioso as an Open entry, which will allow new technical boss Gigi Dall’Igna more freedom to develop...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 150 days ago (24 February 2014 10:25)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

horse racin

lower it in class it shud win the selling race,

Reply to this Topic
rocketri17

May 12

rocketri17 says:

Makes sense..

Though it will likely anger some fans. 

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

They have no option, only that smiley bloke in the red cap could pull them out of the poo if they choose not to go Open.

I can't see HRC's opinion preventing the series from going this way, Ducati may as well get a head start as such.

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Factory

As a full 'factory' bike it's kind of bending the rules a bit IMO.   Having said that performance wise last year they were no better than the top CRT's.  I wonder what the reaction would be if Honda said they were going to do that.

Reply to this Topic
luckofthewelsh

Oct 13

Hope they do it

For the sake of Ducati this needs to happen. The longer they carry on as a factory bike the more and more behind they are getting, especially as they won't be able to develop anything throughout the year! The open class seems to be the only serious option Ducati have got at being back near the front. If they opt to stay as a factory bike i would start to question their plans as a factory, what would remaing as a factory team actually achieve for them?

Reply to this Topic
edmundolf

Jul 06

edmundolf says:

Got no choice.

They need to develop. Only a fool would say stay factory with all its limitations.

They are so far behind even the likes of Stoner, Marquez, Lorenzo or any other God you might think to put on it would have no chance at present.  Rossi, Haydon, Dovi etc already proved what a pile of poo it is at the moment, despite what the haters might say. The bike as it is just don't and never will cut it in its present form, so development is the only no brain option and that means open.

Only thing i wondered is once you go open can you go back to factory at a later date?

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Agree

Development capability vs. using Marelli software.  I think most everything else can remain as-is.

Many things can be worked on for improvements as an Open entry, and most likely Ducati could work on their own software during the year back in Bologna in parallel with the changes they are making at the track, in preparation for 2015.

Reply to this Topic
winger

Aug 02

winger says:

Yep Open Class gets my vote as well,not that there's any option!!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices