Skip to content

Discuss This Lowes ‘frustrated’ with WSB debut weekend World Superbikes

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > World Superbikes > Lowes ‘frustrated’ with WSB debut weekend

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Lowes ‘frustrated’ with WSB debut weekend

Reigning British Superbike Champion Alex Lowes has spoken of his frustration at only coming away from his debut WSB weekend having scored only three points, despite showing form to run at the front in testing and qualifying at Phillip Island. The young Brit was third fastest in the pre-season test held at the Australian circuit, and topped a free practice session...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 211 days ago (25 February 2014 08:58)

Post a message in World Superbikes

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

WC or beaten by Dani?

Tears of laughter..at the solace you seek from rubbing codpieces in mourning with your chums, more like.

If SM could find us a MotoGP softcocks vid..you just know who'd have top billing.

Casey had a similar injury to Sam, raced to 4th..then had ANOTHER spell of 3 races off mid-season.

Can't see the Lowes boy doing that, can you?

Sicknote Stoner and CHR..joined at the bell-end

haha.. 

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

Jesus Christ!

Look how dirty his foot is! No wonder he couldn't concentrate on the bike. Really disappointed with Alex though, someone should have told him just to keep calm in the opening laps and make sure he was in contention by the end, he's obviously determined to fight for the Championship this season, but it seems that Crescent Racing are just content with being somewhere near the front. They have a really good chance of winning the Championship this season so they should make sure that they don't get to happy just finishing in on the podium every weekend. 

Reply to this Topic
CHRainmaker

Jul 11

CHRainmaker says:

Softcock.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DxtBk6W9qng

..no staying power, no loyalty...sad really.

Reply to this Topic
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

That looks a bit painful. Not sure about him being unlucky to dislocate his ankle, bearing in mind I think he chucked the bike at the scenary at least four times over the weekend! Huge talent though, potentially the most exciting rider to come out of Britain since Barry Sheene in my opinion. 

Reply to this Topic
willc955

Jun 12

willc955 says:

Bummer

This guy seems very fast, and I like seeing Suzuki with such a strong team in WSB...get well soon, Lowes.  He did have some luck, though...at least it was only a dislocation, and not detached tendons.  Not so similar.

I'll show you all some metal.  Have a look at my bike's frame.  Or even the wheels or engine.  However, if it's mettle you're looking for, look no further than J. Lorenzo at Assen 2013.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

wosi

It was Alex  not Sam with the injured ankle and you mention football isn't that the "game" where they call each other names and they cry or when they "play" and make a gesture or call someone something it make them so emotionally disturbed they have to appear in the news ? I'm not quite  getting the analogy but maybe its because I think football is **** !

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

latest news is

But not on mcn site of course!,he has a broken bone I  his leg and ankle and three in his foot and has remained in Australia for treatment no more football for him but I bet he's racing again very soon 

Reply to this Topic
wosihound

Jul 12

wosihound says:

Stig..

..that's probably because you were shit at it...like everything else.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

wosi

Is that retort one you learned from the open university repartee course you have been studying or one from Wayne Rooney's guide book on after dinner speaking?,If you have one can I borrow your copy of Steven Gerrards eloquent version of the the kings speech,who are ya who are ya ,jumpers for goal posts ,football isn't it

Reply to this Topic
jewels

Nov 09

jewels says:

THINK

ITS MADNESS TO FAST TO SOON,THIS MAY HAVE GONE OVER MOST OF YOUR HEADS IF YOU WORK IT OUT PLEASE ANSWER,

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices