Skip to content

Discuss This Mallory Park set to reopen with free gala event General news

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > General news > Mallory Park set to reopen with free gala event

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Mallory Park set to reopen with free gala event

Mallory Park is set to reopen this weekend with a gala event that is open, free of charge, to the public, as the Leicestershire track resurrects from its seeming demise only months ago. The track, now managed by Complog Tyres boss Eddie Roberts and Stuart Hicken, team manager of the Buildbase BMW team, will be open this Saturday the 1st March...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 207 days ago (25 February 2014 09:29)

Post a message in General news

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
may c

Aug 02

may c says:

mallory

brilliant news its been  saved i think there could be big plans for it  my 2 wishes bye bye bus stop corner and the ace wish another half /threequaters of a mile extension then bsb back there  please.

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

What a great way to welcome the fans of Mallory Park pack to the circuit. The historic track should never close, its a heritage site at the very least. I've been watching some old footage on YouTube of Mallory with Sheeney, Ago, Phil Read etc racing. No way should it ever die.

Reply to this Topic
thestig08

Dec 08

thestig08 says:

Good news

And as for the residents "f**k them" when you move next to a race circuit should you not expect a bif of noise its a bit like living  next to a pub or a railway line ,the only people who sbould be able to complain are those that lived there before the circuit opened,whom I would suggest are either deceased or stone deaf !

Reply to this Topic
100milesaway

Mar 09

100milesaway says:

I have heard that the Festival of a thousand bikes is back on, true or false?.

Reply to this Topic
Bbrad

Jan 13

Bbrad says:

The Now Not So Friendly Neighbours' Circuit.

Great news. Had many fabulous times at Mallory.

I am however ,furious at these selfish homeowners.

I wish there was a Festival of a Thousand Decibels with all the new neighbours herded into the track centre. Moaning *************s.

Even at Castle Donnington they winge about motor racing and they reside near to a major east/west dual carriageway; a motorway; and a bloody international airport - NOISE WILL BE BLEEDING OBVIOUS!!!!!!!!!

They should all be prosecuted for wasting public money; all paid for by the confiscation and sale of their recently purchased property. 

Reply to this Topic
HOSBUSA

Sep 09

HOSBUSA says:

The same local idiots who never whine about the loud noise of the village church bells.

Or maybe they do? Who knows with those idiots.

I hope the new cicuit owners provide robust road signs for visitors to be able to find the cirucit and not clog up local roads? I have a very strong feeling that some locals we removing the direction signs to the cicuit to try and stop people findig it.

By providing proper road siganeage, it will help reduce traffic and noise of traffic trying to find the entrances.

Reply to this Topic
Gixerguy25

Feb 14

Gixerguy25 says:

a 'no-noise' racetrack??

.....Quiet motorsport??? - never heard of it!! - motorsport is all about noise, my point is how can you have a racetrack if the residents don't want noise (think about the residents of Castle Donington for instance, they have to put up with a motorway and an airport on top of the track noise) this is contradictory actually in my opinion, because one minute Hicken wants BSB back at the track by 2016 (if the rumours are true) but on the other hand - he wants a limit on excessively loud vehicles some of the excessively loud noise is down to the trackdays, I guess if they wanted to keep the trackdays going they would only have to have quiet days Glad the track is back open but if the residents had it their way - it would have been gone, hopefully the new owners will bring it back (in some way) to it's former glory

Reply to this Topic
Kwakaddict

Feb 13

Kwakaddict says:

there will be NOTHING left to do in this country in 20 years time, the pubs are getting knocked down and turned into houses for people to sit and get fat in while they watch (worsening) TV and drink weak tinned beer in an unsociable atmosphere, while loads of whinging ***** are moving house to be in the country then complaining about the noise of a track thats been there for years (look into what happened to Croft and the 'lady' who made a fortune from the track THEN complained about the noise resulting in loss of track days and no BSB round) Interesting reading if you like to feel the temperature of your blood rise quickly.  Hope Mr Hicken and co are successful, we should take every chance to support them or lose yet more of our history to a boring housing estate that won't even have a pub.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices