Skip to content

Discuss This Bautista fastest on Sepang day one MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Bautista fastest on Sepang day one

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Bautista fastest on Sepang day one

The first day of the Sepang 2 MotoGP test has thrown a number of surprise packages to the fore, as Alvaro Bautista and the Espargaro brothers took advantage of unusual track conditions to finish the day one-two-three. Bautista spent most of the day inside the top ten, but a flying lap just minutes before the track closed, his sixtieth of sixty-one,...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 241 days ago (26 February 2014 10:33)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Softer tires perhaps?

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

That previous comment

is for deGrasse asking why the Tech3 guys are faster.

Druids, Rossi is also complaining because the bike is not setted yet for sliding like a Honda. On the other side, he knows he will adapt faster than Jorge so...

I agree with you on the severity of tyre issues... look what happened with Cases's - Bridgestone advantage... Common Paceypaceypaceypacey... common boy!...

Reply to this Topic
Druids

Sep 10

Druids says:

But the truth is, Yamaha will never slide like a Honda

Those bikes have been build under two opposite mindset. Engine & raw power is the central point of the Honda when Yamaha has been working on corner speed and smooth power delivery for a decade now. Tyres issues are damn serious indeed & it could kill any chance for Lorenzo & Rossi's championship in the first half of the year.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ElDiabolico

The Yamaha seamless does not require a change in engine specification, meaning it could arrive during the season without breaking the new development freeze rules.

www.crash.net/motogp/news/200113/1/tech-3-staying-factory-confident-of-seamless.html

“I want to say thank you to Yamaha as today was the first day we could use the new seamless gearbox, and the feeling is just amazing,” he added.

“We have a bit more power in every gear and it helps you in many different areas, for example, in the middle of the corner or with the anti-wheelie, it takes a lot of work away from the rider.

“Altogether it has been a really good day today and the feeling with the bike was just great.”
www.crash.net/motogp/news/200646/1/pol-espargaro-plays-down-impressive-start.html

Nothing on the tyres...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

LOL!

"could kill any chance for Lorenzo & Rossi's championship in the first half of the year".

Really? And since when does Rossi have an issue with sliding the bike? did you noticed he signed the second best lap <2/10th from Marquez so far?

It's a combination of chassis change, harsher power delivery and less grip on the edge, Rossi forte is braking and he also CAN tail-steer or power steer it, and to do so you don't need the same grip on the edge because you accelerate after picking the bike up a little.

The tyre issue affects Lorenzo a lot more, don't try to make them eqwual at this level, they are not.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah wee Beelzebub

Adaption you say. Yes indeed that is one of the key indicators.

I believe you need reminding on the past three seasons. Rossi 'I cannot change and ride it like Stoner' '2013 I needed to adapt to the bike more than I did'. Yet again - for fook knows how many times - the man himself knows more about his own fallibilities than any little yellow bedwetter like you or Quasimoto does.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostrodamus

You really have a brain as thick and an anvil...

bikerpunks.com/media/thumbs/RossiSliding.jpg

His riding style was characterized by skillfully controlled tire slides and a habit of putting his inside leg out before entering a corner. He is also highly respected for his race set-up and settings capability.

global.yamaha-motor.com/race/wgp-50th/race_archive/riders/valentino_rossi/

Who ever spoke of riding the M1 like Stoner? andspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwistandspinandtwist. Nostril roundabout...

youtu.be/JZpS6MS9m0A 

But the RC, he certainly could.

youtu.be/8XgJivIfpPc

youtu.be/9aK2LBnTT2s

Rossi.

LOL! Rossi haters are so full of it it come up to their eyes, makes them blind...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

So Quasimoto

Could the Terrapin ride the Ducati like Stoner, or not? Results and laps times would certainly indicate not, just as the man himself admitted.

He's not dumb though is Rossi which is why he rated Lorenzo as the best rider out there 2013. I see you remain too spineless to offer an opinion on this.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Right.

As if Stoner was sliding the Ducati the way he was sliding the RC...

Boy, instead of carefully calling people names after names you were to learn the fitst thing there is to know about bikes, this forum wouldn't be drawnig under tons of manures every time you write.

As for Stoner, if he left Ducati there is some good reasons Rossi figured for himself, because as opposed to you, he rides bikes, knows about them and is good at both.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

He could not ride the Ducati like Stoner

But not even Stoner would be able to win in the Ducati when the Japs picked in... Stoner style was more agressive than Rossi's. On the decline of the Duke, Stoner lost the front more than ever, don't forget that.

Chapeau for Rossi recognizing that Stoner rode in a very effective way.

As I posted before JL recognized VR as the best of all times, THE LEGEND. I guess reading that hurted your eyes grandpa? As an ex-racer (wait, I have to finish laughin....) you should recognize talent right? (wait, laughin again...) You are pathetic, don't you realize that you have become the comedian of this forum? You and your tea cup pet are really entertaining. Thanks.

deGrasse, beside the seemless gearbox, I believe Tech3 riders were using the softer tyres... that would make a big difference on time / lap.

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices