Skip to content

Discuss This Jorge Lorenzo disgruntled with new Bridgestone rear tyre MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Jorge Lorenzo disgruntled with new Bridgestone rear tyre

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Jorge Lorenzo disgruntled with new Bridgestone rear tyre

Jorge Lorenzo’s frustration with the performance of a new 2014- spec Bridgestone rear tyre continued in Sepang today, with the double MotoGP world champion clearly disgruntled to be down in fifth on the timesheets. The factory Yamaha rider set a best time of 2.01.158 on a low grip surface today to finish 0.310s behind compatriot Alvaro Bautista. Lorenzo has been one of...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 205 days ago (26 February 2014 12:42)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
hondonadas

Aug 02

hondonadas says:

Japanese love no risks

I know how the Japanesse think and Bridgestone loves to be the single supplier, there is no risk, they arrive always First :-)

Indeed it´s costly for them to support MotoGP but it was much much more expensive when they had to supply F1. Now with a quarter of the budget they do MotoGP and also sponsor winter sports, so the big bosses can go on free vacations... ooopsss, sorry, I mean "business trips"... all year round.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Ooooops.

Jorge Lorenzo - 5th / 2'01.158 / 56 laps
“The new rear tyres, both the soft and the hard, are not working properly on our M1. We tried many things but for the moment we haven’t found any solutions. Tomorrow we are going to try something different with the electronics that worked last year to try to improve a little bit because we are not so good today. The tyres don't give me any confidence in the corner entry, in the middle of the corner and on acceleration. It seems Bridgestone will not be providing different tyres this year so we have to adapt to the situation.”

Valentino Rossi - 7th / 2'01.349 / 65 laps
“The track is not fantastic. Especially if you compare it to the first test where it was very good. A lot of cars have used the track and there is some oil in some places, the track is very dirty so it is more difficult to get to a good lap time. In the end we were coming better though. We worked a lot on all aspects; we tried to find a right balance, concentrating on the braking. Especially we tried to make the best setting for the new tyres because in the first test we used old tyres from 2013 that were good for the M1. We have a problem with the 2014 ones so we have to concentrate to take the maximum benefit from them but already at the end of today it was not so bad.”

NOT the same song there...

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Thanks for the copy and paste DeGrassboy.

You're correct about it not being the same song but I think that might be a clear indication of each riders own self expectations. I'd personally back a rider clearly uhhappy with 5th than another who is outwardly all smiles about 7th. One rider has always been focused on the long haul while the other is the Liberace of motoGP and with a revealing and embarrassing recent history on once competitive bikes, poor old Flo only has his enthusiasm to sell to the salivating masses.

If as a Flossi worshipper, you failed to learn anything from his claptrap that commenced at the end of 2010, then I guess you can't expect to be taken seriously. 

Reply to this Topic
gaziskwakers

Feb 06

gaziskwakers says:

and it started so well

I was reading all the comments enjoying the discussion ( for once sensible on here) and then Bob turns up with that. Would you rather they all read from a pre prepared song sheet that tells us nothing?

Seems to me the basic jist of both riders complaint is the same. 2014 tyres crap. If your going to allow teams to spend millions developing a bike for 2013 rubber , only to change the spec, why not go the whole hog and not tell them whether there racing on tarmac or grass?

And to round off, if I went into my local bike shop and had a choice of only two tyres, I'd be a little upset.

Reply to this Topic
Bob Buttamasangy

Jul 08

Actually naziwhiskers, I agree with your opinion on the tyres and each rider's reaction is no surprise. Ask another 10 riders and their opinions would be slightly different as well.

However, if you're gonna have a moan at me for moaning about whether DeGrassole thinks George moans more than Liberossi, then I don't see your point, you're just having a moan.  Fact is pre season testing is ok for scoring points with the fans but I don't see either Yamaha riders season being much different to last year. I'm not a fan of a sportsman who gives false impressions of how things are and Liberossi is a serial offender and I'm happy to point out that I think he is a **** but that's just my opinion.

DeGrassole, looks like you have your own fangirl! Hahaha...

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

You girls are unbelievable...

Specially you Nostrils... you named Valentino Rossi n.6 for the 2013 season, he finished n.4 and not wanting to take more risks for 2014 now you switched to Terrapin. Pathetic clown.

What if Vale starts wining again, then what? he will have an underground agreement with uncle ezpeleta to ride with 32L of gas? Ninjas will cut JL subframe? (the same ninjas that destroyed Ben).

So no Yamaha rider is happy with the new tires. One complains less about sliding and the other one knows that it doesn't fit it's style. You keep talking on chassis geometry and suspensions and bla, bla, bla. Armchair experts. In a prototype ride YOU CAN CHANGE ANY PARAMETER to change the bike behaviour, you can reposition the engine to influence mass centralization, the fuel tank position, different lenghts swingarms, different setting on the suspension, ECU interfearance, everything can be change.

The trick is were to balance the bike, towards corner speed or corner exit, you cannot have both. Shorter whellbase vs longer wheelbase. V engine vs in line 4 engine, different characteristic bikes with different characters obviously. Each rider prefers it one way or the others. On the 1L bikes raw power and sliding is more effective that corner speed (800s). Some handicaped here try to convince us that there are 3 different GP bikes: 990, 800 and 1000. 10cc don't make the difference you idiots, progress makes the difference. Better maping, better technologies, better? tires, etc.

The biggest problem is THE TIRES, not the chassis. Look back at yourselves and your 1991 600 CBR. How much has the consumer CBR evolved in the last 10 years? Fit an old 600 with Pirelli Corsas and check the difference compared to the old Michelin's TX25...

Jorge is out of his comfort zone and he knows that if he doesn't complain he is screwed... MM is in another league and he doesn't care about sliding. Valentino knows that he can bit JL if the bike is not so stable anymore and plays his usual mind games. I read JL interview in Spanish and MM is well under his skull.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

Liberace's apprentice?

Why was the no-nonsense, workman-like rider so desperate to emulate 'Liberace' in his first couple of seasons in the premier class?

Those faux-Rossi victory celebrations were some of the most cringeworthy sights I have ever seen.  Thank god he has dropped them and just gets on with the job at hand now...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

ElDiabolico

Mostly agreed, though i strongly suspect the 2013 chassis doesn't have the same issue with the 2014 tyres, we both know the factory chassis have seen changes.

It's still  early days, if they can't use the tyres the way they were doing in 2013 they will have to go further the Honda way with less stability/corner speed, Rossi works on the braking area which is the start for doing just that.

ChupaChump: They all dreamed of being Rossi at one point or another.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

ChupaChump: They all dreamed of being Rossi at one point or another.

I think it was called taking the piss actually

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bulttlow

You would know a lot more about it than M-C...

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices