Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction

Valentino Rossi says he is mystified why a new range of Bridgestone rear tyres will be introduced for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. The Italian spent the majority of the opening day of the second test in Sepang working on the set-up of his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 to work with the new generation Bridgestone tyres. A stiffer construction to help with temperature...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 154 days ago (26 February 2014 13:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
davefinnerty

Sep 13

davefinnerty says:

MCN

Sorry for the typo's I wrote that in a rage!

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Bultoboy

Don't tell people what counter steering is you visibly don't know.

Since when do you "steer" a motorbike using the handlebars? In your magic roundabout scooter world champioship fantasies?

Countersteering is the result of the back wheel getting out of alignement, reason it contains the word Counter, you don't start it with the handlebars but with the rear brake or the throttle and keep the bike on its line with the front which have to retain traction asnd be planted, if you do it the other way aroung you miss-align the front and it's not designed to be out of alignement, nor are the tyres.

Says it all about what you comprehend about M-C.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

davefinnerty

Time to learn a little about bikes methink, rage ain't good for the brain.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

FCUK off Nostril

Is that a technical term Quasimoto? How much rear brake pressure should I apply in this instance, 75%, 100%, to get my rear spinning?

Your countersteering interpretion is priceless too. Once more you flying solo in the face of accepted motorcycling convention I see. I never touched my rear brake in years of racing. I'm now wondering how I ever made it around any corners, let alone won races.

Just when I think you've reached the bottom of idiotcy, you manage to plumb new depths.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hang on

why do they have handlebars then? Not one to jump in and have a go but the things at the top of your forks really help you achieve the direction you are going counter or otherwise.  Thats like saying an aeroplane can fly without wings.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Keep them coming

Countersteering is the result of the back wheel getting out of alignement

And how do you get the back wheel to go out of aliignment to the side of the bike required  -  just stamp on the brake and hope....

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostrodamus

LOL Motorcycle convention? According to YOU? Wants the Oxford definition of the word countering for a start?

Looks like your basic knowledge oe anything mechanical or physical is opposed to reality, don't take your case for a world standard.

So i reiterate for you: The rear slides, the slightest lean angle throws the rear out, and this is only due to centrifugal force, you counter the slide AFTER the rear is out of alignement.

What you are mantioning, which is a misuse of thwe words countering and steering btw, (funny how you CAN actually get your wries crossed), is a dirt track technique used to LEAN the bike with LARGE handlebars.

I wont get you into the technicality on moment arm, try this with the handlebars used on racing bikes and come back to me saying you can control them this way, we already been over them they fly WAY above you head.

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Nostrils...

You made fun of deGrasse's quote: "The rear will spins when its rotation speed is different to that of the front, slower or faster."

So pls tell me, if you lean your bike (hypothetically speaking, I now the only time you lean is to reach your toilet paper) and downshift a gear or two while applying braking on the front wheel, will you start sliding or not? (don't answer pap, I used it all the time practicing supermoto).

F@cking armchair ignorants...

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

AlexDAbomB69

You can do "countersteering" the way he think with wide handlebars all you want, and then again it's not steering it's leaning, which is a tad different, missusing the words doesn't change that.

On road racing bikes the handlebars are a lot shorter and often positioned at unmanageable angles to do this, efliciently plus the last thing you want is to put the front wheel out of alignement at the rate you brake with the front.

So you do your countersteering when the rear is gone to keep the line you want, and it is only logical that then the rear slides, getting the bike to lean is going to throw the rear out.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
ElDiabolico

Jul 13

ElDiabolico says:

Sorry I just read your other comment...

Hahahahahahahah!

"I never touched my rear brake in years of racing. I'm now wondering how I ever made it around any corners, let alone won races." Hahahahahahahahahah!!!!

What racing you old ****? Ask BultoBOY what button is the rear brake on his PS3!

I TOLD YOU BEFORE COMEDIAN, THIS IS NOT YOUR FACEBOOK PROFILE, NO ONE BELIEVES YOUR RACING "PEDIGREE", RACING IN WHAT, WHERE, WHEN? SHOW US PROOF OF YOUR RACING HISTORY AND TROPHIES, DATES AND PLACES. I WILL PROVE ONCE MORE THAT YOU ARE ANOTHER CHARLATAN LIKE YOUR AVATAR SUGGESTS!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices