Skip to content

Discuss This Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Matthew Birt  says:

Valentino Rossi bemoans new Bridgestone tyre direction

Valentino Rossi says he is mystified why a new range of Bridgestone rear tyres will be introduced for the 2014 MotoGP world championship. The Italian spent the majority of the opening day of the second test in Sepang working on the set-up of his factory Yamaha YZR-M1 to work with the new generation Bridgestone tyres. A stiffer construction to help with temperature...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 241 days ago (26 February 2014 13:32)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Oh boy

You're welcome to elaborate and bring your technical input, i'm always willing to learn new things.

Funniest thing I've read yet Gasbag - by the way, thanks for allowing others to express their opinion

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

Gasbag

Again "countersteering" is a miss used of the words, it does help lean the bike not get it sideways in any way.

I believe I already said that

Counter steering is in effect on any two wheeld transport, even on a moped turning into a corner at 10mph, even on a bicycle - it has nothing to do with rear wheel sliding.

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Of course the absolute brilliance of Quasimoto's

rear brake / engine braking focused riding technique is not only can you do away with clutch and front brake levers, not to mention handlebars, but it works with any Yamaha! Because every single Yamaha ever built  contains inherent Kenny Roberts Snr DNA meaning regardless of weight distribution, rake, trail, wheelbase length, weight, two or four stroke, twin shocker, cantilever or rising rate they will all behave in exactly the same manner. XS1100, TZ125, no matter  - exactly the same handling mannerisms. Brilliant! Makes you wonder why the GP team bothers to tweak the chassis at all.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Really?

In that case why trying to "correct" my reply to someone else?

When it becomes too obvious you don't even READ people replies before flaming them and then get your wires all crossed, suddenly you "already said so".
The point is, no one get a bike sideways by "counter steering" only and as it is used today, its only effect is to lean the bike over.
Hence my comments on the effects of the slightest lean angle throwing the rear out related to the rear wheel already sliding. What does your "countersteering" BS have to do with that?
As for the correct technical words for this it would be opposite steering not countering.

Reply to this Topic
Bultoboy

Apr 11

Bultoboy says:

As for the correct technical words for this it would be opposite steering not countering

The term used for what you call 'opposite steering' is opposite lock - something else I said earlier.

You're an overbearing idiot who spouts so much drivel you forget your earlier arguments. Look back through some of that drivel and I'm sure you'll find where you said you use the rear brake to counter steer into corners.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Opposite lock?

Meaning; you get the opposite steering to the lock. Nope.

There is NO steering the rear wheel needed to do what people call "countersteering" so there is technically nothing to counter, point i alreay made, you can go with both wheels spinning at the same speed into the turn, you have nothing to counter.

What you do technically is to oppose the steering angle to the direction you want to turn into to lean the bike.

My Oxford: Second Edition 1975. Counter: Opposed, opposite, in the opposite direction. Mechanically it is an opposition of action.

If you reffer to this in relation to countering the action of the rear wheel going out of allignement, it would be counter steering,  which is also used in cars, when it comes to leaning the bile the opposite way to where you want it to turn it would be opposite steering to be mechanically correct.

People might well want to use the word for both, it is obviously not the same thing.

And some little detail Xtra: I wish you good luck staying on top of your bike when you "countersteer" and are already at the limit of your front tyre adherence on the brakes, which was my point in the first place.

Reply to this Topic
AlexDAbomB69

Feb 13

AlexDAbomB69 says:

Hang on

One of the greatest tools a motorcycle rider can possess is the operational technique of push steering! Also referred to as counter-steering, positive steering, or gyroscopic steering.Push steering interrupts inertia (forward moving power) a result created by riding a ‘single track’ / tandem vehicle – motorcycle – unlike the double track/four wheels a car has. It involves the physics of gyroscopic inertia.

You and the motorcycle must first be leaned in the direction of the turn, and steering briefly in the opposite direction causes that lean.
Ok I did copy this from teach your wife to ride a motorcycle.

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

My eyes are bleeding.

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

AlexDAbomB69

Very basic isn't it? So why are guys still not getting it?  Brought back in its context this exchange was quiet funny, i was replying to a post, just mentioning the fact that rear wheels already sliding, "the slightest lean angle would throw the rear out" (on how i was doing it as opposed to some other guys).

How i did lean the bike is yet another story, something else, i also use the pegs.

Reply to this Topic
chrisg011

Feb 09

chrisg011 says:

You're OK DeGrasse

I'm quite happy to ignore the crap (except when it fills the thread like the backup from an overflowing toilet) and add the occasional comment/opinion based upon information I hear from colleagues, associates or journalist here in Italy.

But you go on Son... seems like you're having a whale of a time and making lots of new play friends!!

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices