Skip to content

Discuss This Pedrosa fastest on day two at Sepang MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Pedrosa fastest on day two at Sepang

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Pedrosa fastest on day two at Sepang

Dani Pedrosa has finished the second day at the Sepang in his customary position at the Malaysian track, topping the time sheets by 0.2 seconds at the circuit where he is traditionally dominant. Second and third were Aleix Espargaro and Alvaro Bautista, continuing their performance of day one of the test, while Valentino Rossi was the first factory Yamaha...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 187 days ago (27 February 2014 10:56)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
VeritasH

Apr 13

VeritasH says:

I seem to remember Rossi carrying corner speed when needed too, his style was always similar to Lorenzos, in the interviews for Fastest, Lorenzo when talking about his technique said the only person nearly (but not as) smooth as himself was Rossi.

We can only speculate on what Yamaha have done to the chassis but since both Lorenzo and Rossi were asking for better braking performance it would seem logical if they've made improvements along those lines.

I've no doubt that Lorenzo will be back up there by the time the season resumes.

Reply to this Topic
racingfan99

Oct 10

racingfan99 says:

Wouldn't it make sense during these times of procession races where the positions are pretty sorted after the first 3 or 4 laps (in recent seasons any way) with just a bit of 'excitement' with some last lap efforts to have the factory bikes with more juice (still 20 ltrs) but knock races down by a couple of laps.

Just a thought.

Reply to this Topic
PaceyCasey

Jun 11

PaceyCasey says:

racingfan

''the first 3-4 laps'', ''in recent seasons anyway''.

What have you been watching?

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

VeritasH

More complet at every levels, he could slide it when he needed to in and out of corners, on both RC and M1, and was always one of the best on the brakes.

There is little speculation needed about the 2014 Chassis it is well documented from ther Prototype roll out end 2013.

Reply to this Topic
ChupaChump

Aug 11

ChupaChump says:

So many variables

Aleix worryingly quick for the prototype boys.   Ducati open class or not?  Pol vs Bradders.  Can Cal stay on the black stuff?  Can Yamaha find a fix for their tyre issues?  Is the HRC proddie racer a POS? 

The first few races should be very interesting indeed...

Reply to this Topic
Nostrodamus

Mar 09

Nostrodamus says:

Ah Quasimoto, more conceited ignorance

You are well aware the factories don't go spouting details of what modifications they make to their chassis' don't you? Yet you leap in boots and all with your completely baseless assertions Yamaha have changed engine cases, engine position and frame geometry at the behest of the Terrapin. You do remember his quote from his time at Ducati don't you? "I don't know, I'm not an engineer". Although of course you don't mention what Yamaha have actually altered, but how much and why. Because as we know when in your little mind an engine can change by 17kg from one season to the next, you wouldn't really have the slightest of scobbies. Far less in fact than most posters on this site judging by the enormous amount of comedic nonsense you've spouted in a very short space of time.

What we do know is both factory M1 riders complained of braking stability and corner entry last year, so it's reasonable to assume this was the main focus for the factory in developing their 2014 machine. That was never going to be to the detriment of corner speed because corner speed has always been the thing with the M1 right from day dot. As Veritas adroitly points out also the two Yamaha men are probably the most similar of any two on the grid, neat and tidy corner speed kings (and / or queens, take your pick).

Bridgestone though, so it seems, have really ripped the knickers of the Yamahas in particular with their latest tyre stunt (although I'm blaming Dorna as much as the 'Stones men). To take away edge grip is to nullify Yamaha's main weapon. Yet again a tyre no one complained about is replaced by one plenty do? Who's in charge of this fuggin' circus?

Lorenzo's problems are of course multiplied by the harsher nature of Yamaha's fuelling on the 20 litres. This I'm sure they'll iron out, although talk of reverting to 2013 electronics would suggest Lorenzo at least was not as tight on fuel in 2013 as we've been lead to believe by hack speculation. This rear tyre problem though potentially threatens to ruin the season completely as a racing spectacle.

Reply to this Topic
hello4646

Oct 08

hello4646 says:

Danipadronot

A little bitter are we not!  Yes dani has own titles in the lower classes you are right on that one. But just for the record.  Can you tell me how many MotoGP premier class titles has Dani won

Reply to this Topic
DaniPedola

Mar 13

DaniPedola says:

Bitter?

Not at all little 46er. You f*ck off and let me have my fun, and we'll be just fine.

And if you want to go suckle at the crusty, yellow teet of Rossi, in the hope of giving your pointless, futile, life some meaning, good for you..

Reply to this Topic
carloslavado

Jan 11

carloslavado says:

Dani getting a headstart on the season in the first race, would be fine with me. This might get the little dude settled and up for the fight. Cause let's face it. Dani has always been fast enough to win the title! Not once has Dani had a real chance. I remember when Honda wanted 800's and had a tiny RCV  built jus't for Dani? Along came Duc and Casey. Imo  Dani Pedrosa injury free for the entire season can take the title. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Nostrodamuss

Go get your driving licence, you couldn't pass an advanced one today.

This forum is full of info you keep ignoring, ignorance is not a "quality" anyone wants to share with you.

carloslavado: Agreed he lacked luck, a little consistency in his results but he won more GP than Lorenzo the year he lost it, so close.

So there is no doubt about his ability to win.

ps Lavado was one of my fav' 250 rider, what a charger.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices