Skip to content

Discuss This Will Marquez's broken leg slow him down? MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Will Marquez's broken leg slow him down?

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

MCN  says:

Will Marquez's broken leg slow him down?

Afte a flat track training crash, world champion Marc Marquez is currently sitting out the final Sepang test while he recovers from his broken leg. But the rookie champion has proven time and again that he bounces right back from injury; so, with the opening round of 2014 only weeks away, how will he fare come Qatar?

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 235 days ago (28 February 2014 09:23)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
Ivebeenthehero

Jun 09

I've voted that it will make no diffrence whatsoever, particularly as pyschologically it didn't even hapen on a MotoGP bike.

Saying that, I think he would actuallly have more chance of winning the championship this year if he did slow down a bit. He rode his luck last year big time, and as his recent injury shows, luck is finite. 

Reply to this Topic
DeGrasse

Aug 13

DeGrasse says:

Ivebeenthehero

Same for me, he is though mentally and his accident was as he put it himself "unfortunate", nothing to do with the risks he will take on the GP bike.

I expect him to be more mature, make less mistakes than last year and be as fast.

Reply to this Topic
redracer46

Oct 11

redracer46 says:

Initially

It may slow him down a fraction at the first race, the thought of not wanting to come off and re-injure the leg... But cant see it making much more of a difference than that.  Great racers are great regardless, and can do amazing things so soon after injury.

Reply to this Topic
Gixerguy25

Feb 14

Gixerguy25 says:

Second season syndrome, this will test him - last year he nearly walked it but I think we'll see what he's really got in his locker - I don't think he will lead as many races a he did last year, it's always more tricky defending a title than winning one

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

no

a couple of laps with the new tires and off he goes!

Reply to this Topic
eyewitnessaccount

Aug 13

stupid

What a stupid waste of time question,no it won't.

Reply to this Topic
eyewitnessaccount

Aug 13

stupid

What a stupid waste of time question,no it won't.

Reply to this Topic
RevNutz

Jan 13

RevNutz says:

No

He broke his leg in a flat track crash. Why should he be scared of a MotoGP bike because of that? 

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

History repeating itself

The comparison between Marquez & Kenny Roberts both winning their respective championships in their rookie year draws even more comparisons ,in 79 Roberts broke his back testing the 500 yamaha,& Marquez in training ,Roberts missed the 1st race & still won the championchip,you can bet that Marquez will still win it too.

Reply to this Topic
bluehaze60

Jun 10

bluehaze60 says:

History repeating itself

The comparison between Marquez & Kenny Roberts both winning their respective championships in their rookie year draws even more comparisons ,in 79 Roberts broke his back testing the 500 yamaha,& Marquez in training ,Roberts missed the 1st race & still won the championchip,you can bet that Marquez will still win it too.

Reply to this Topic

Page

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices