Skip to content

Discuss This Ducati confirm move from factory to open class MotoGP

You are in... Forums > Discuss This > MotoGP > Ducati confirm move from factory to open class

This is a discussion topic

This discussion topic is linked to an article on this site. You can navigate to the article by clicking on the article name in the first post.

Go to most recent reply

Anonymous

Simon Patterson  says:

Ducati confirm move from factory to open class

Ducati have finally announced that they will make the move from factory to open class in 2014, with the team ditching their own electronics software in return for extra fuel, tyres and engine development. The Bologna factory has been experimenting with the option for a number of months, and rumours are circulating the paddock that it was an open class machine...

Reply to this Topic  
  • Posted 240 days ago (28 February 2014 11:41)

Post a message in MotoGP

Fields marked with an asterisk * are required

Please note. You cannot submit more than 4000 characters as a message.

Upload image(s) from your computer (up to 3 images)

Terms of use

Use of our community areas and forums is subject to important terms of use. By joining our community and using the features you agree to be bound by these terms. See terms of use below. 

Cancel
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Rules

It doesn't say CHR  but my guess about Bradl and Bautista is because they are in different teams.

Have a look on here :-

http://motomatters.com/analysis/2014/02/28/motogp_rules_primer_open_vs_factory_the_.html

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Inevitable

Its not the first time Ducati have pulled a move designed to take full advantage of new rules and regs. They only won in 07 because they caught the japs napping. The only chance they have of winning now is to exploit these open class rules, which I imagine are gonna start to look more attractive to other manufacturers as time goes by. Open class is the future of Motogp.

Reply to this Topic
buelligan272

Jul 06

buelligan272 says:

perhaps?

Perhaps the current rider, Dovi, has given them some more worthwhile, less cyclonic, confused information than the previous incumbent which has allowed the engineers to make some more benficial changes. ****.

If he has bulto tell me where because from what I have seen he has done no better than any other rider.
You really are a sad twin.

Reply to this Topic
Bootlegger

Aug 11

Bootlegger says:

Pulled a move

Mario. The GPC agreed to the rules many moons back and closing date was 28Feb. Ducati opted for 'open. Thats all, no fuss,no bother. Anyway old Saturn, how are you? Stuck in a quandary I guess,given Ducati's 'open' advantage. You said it ! Advantage my ass. Yamaha have Valentino Rossi way out front in factory Sepang 2... clown. 

Reply to this Topic
supermario

Dec 09

supermario says:

Oh dear =(

Somebody's a grumpy guss today..

..and that's super-mario to you, fkface =)

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic
73mach3

Oct 12

73mach3 says:

I CAN

feel the love already starting up!

any good for teh red turds maybe will have a little more excitement this year.

Reply to this Topic
noddy61

Apr 13

noddy61 says:

Italian passion

The Ducati likes the new tyre and both Honda and Yammy struggled with it, Dovi chucks a very respectable time in and Cals time isn't to shabby either then Gigi demonstrates hes got the spine of a jelly fish. Welcome to the world of sterile motogp racing

Reply to this Topic
aintnothin

Apr 12

aintnothin says:

Better races

will be the result.  The new tires are squeezing the front runners together; the Ducatis are essentially factory spec with different electronics, more gas and tire options, more engines and development during the year.

The only thing that bothers me is that some bikes are "more Open" than others, e.g., Drive M7 vs. NGM Yamahas, but perhaps that will change over the season.

Reply to this Topic
kwackanacki

Nov 09

kwackanacki says:

Rules

Well not to sound like an old **** but when we had 500cc bikes that was just about it - as an armchair fan I want bikes be just about equal and the man with the biggest nads to win. This new system is just bollocks we still have a them and us situation and the crunch will be when Honda Yam and Suzi tell the series owner to stick it as its "not in our R&D interest". Superbikes anyone? All we want is a level field no tricks, no different rules or gadjets so the best man wins on the day - he who tamed the beast - Not the electonic wankery just some right wrist action - oh sorry its the same thing!

Reply to this Topic
saturn392

Nov 03

saturn392 says:

Bootsie

I'm fine you old reprobate.  Take a gander at the rules and tell me whether you think there is no 'advantage' to a 'factory' team going open.   

Factory teams limited to 5 engines ... no development allowed and limited to 20 litres ..one litre less than last season. Less choice in tyres.     

Open teams 12 engines ... all the development they want ... 24 litres and choice of a softer tyre.

With 4 factory bikes they can try something different on each bike simultaneously thereby accelerating the development 4 fold.

BUT if it evens things up then I'm all for it.

[This Reply has been modified by the Author]

Reply to this Topic

Compare Insurance

Save money by comparing quotes. It's quick and easy

Motorcycles for sale

It's only £13.99 to advertise your motorcycle on MCN

Sell your Motorcycle

Motorcycle pricing tool

New! Find used bike prices